Decided on a bike and bought it

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Well- after some info and help from you guys on here about buying cheaper vs higher end I finally decided to buy a new mountain bike and get rid of my cheapo that got me into the sport. I bought it used from Criags list but in new condition. I don’t think I did bad considering it cost me 250 bucks. The first thing I will do is upgrade the brakes to disc and then ride it til I have to replace the fork with a better model. But til then I’m going to hit the trails tomorrow and see how she does 😃

Congrats on the new ride dude! Ride the snot out of it!

Good lookin’ rig.

Save your money on disc brakes till you replace the fork. V brakes work fine and you will have to deal with V brakes on the rear anyway. Good looking bike. 😄 Later,

Thanks guys- I rode the pig trail (children’s home bike trail) in Macon GA today and killed it. The bike ran the trail quick and the front fork soaked up all bumps and jumps that came my way. There is a big difference between riding a bike that is around 28 lbs vs my old bike that was around 45 lbs or more- not even bringing components into consideration!!!! What a great day of biking this morning…

Nice bike, have fun

Congrats – Gary Fisher makes great bikes! I agree with the above, too – hold off on the disc brakes until you replace the fork altogether.

And even then, if you start looking at a new fork, I’d just get a new bike altogether. That thing should last you in it’s current state for years! Ride on!

"Fitch" wrote

Congrats – Gary Fisher makes great bikes!

Gary Fisher doesn’t make any bikes any more. He sold out to the MAN. 😼

"maddslacker" wrote

[quote="Fitch":3kd2xj42]Congrats – Gary Fisher makes great bikes!

Gary Fisher doesn’t make any bikes any more. He sold out to the MAN. 😼[/quote:3kd2xj42]From what I’ve heared, he still has some saying

He gets a say on where they mail his hush money check… 😆

"maddslacker" wrote

[quote="Fitch":1qsdywfp]Congrats – Gary Fisher makes great bikes!

Gary Fisher doesn’t make any bikes any more. He sold out to the MAN. 😼[/quote:1qsdywfp]

lol 😆 😆

Sounds like maddslacker is one of the "moon landing denyer guy"(honda ad). Hush money? Da Man? Lets go camping down town in a park. LOL Go maddslacker! Fisher is retired and can ride all the time now. Any time his name is used he gets paid. I love this country! 😄 Later,

I didn’t say it was bad or that I would do differently, just being accurate. 😃

Cool! 😄 Later,

"maddslacker" wrote

He gets a say on where they mail his hush money check… 😆

That’s fair – for him 😃

Over the last two years, Fisher bikes weren’t available here. My dealer told me, Gary Fisher was so pissed off from the lack of interest for 29ers, he didn’t want to sale bikes over here.

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.