Cycle light, I need some very birght one’s

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all

I am looking for some cycle lights, but I am not to sure what ones to get, I have just been on a night ride to night and mine just donít cut the mustard.

I have been looking at the HOPE light including stem, but they are a bit expensive at nearly £300 and I donít really want to change my stem, I know it is a bit anal but all my bits are red and they only do black as far as I can see.

So now to the question.

What is the brightest lights out there for about £150 they need to be as bright as the HOPE ones if not brighter?

Also I have seen a couple of people that have to carry the power pack in a rucksack, I for one donít like to be strapped to my bike by some wire.

A guy at a bike shop told me cateye makes a great light. I don’t remember the model but it had several LED’s and was very bright.

hi nezbo,
      pardon my ignorance on the dollar conversion of £150, but starting around $300 you can get a super bright hid light. these lights are similar to the blue-white light that they are putting in car headlights these days and really light up the trails at night. there is enough light so that if someone is riding in front of you on the trail with an hid light that even from behind you could get almost away without a light.

personally, i would opt for a helmet light if you plan to ride trails at night because the light will always point where you are looking which sometimes is farther up the trail than immediately in front of you. and with a helmet light you can slip the battery right into your camelbak so you are not attached to your bike.

good luck and be safe out there in the dark, the darkness can turn even a familiar trail into a totally new ride.

mudhunny

Mal

You need some of these, I have just ordered the ultra Li-ion ones,, more expensive but lighter and last longer, these are the Ni-Mh version for around £200 – you get what you pay for.
      P.S. My wife comes from darwen, going up Belmont next week to try out my new lights if they arrive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Light-BIKE-Motion-A … dZViewItem

I just bought the night rider solmate today and thought i’d post it here so ya’all can tell me what ya know about it cause it is my first light and havent even used it yet.It sure seems like a nice kit,helmet mount,led headlamp,nimh battery,8 hour linear smart charger,O-ring handlebar mounting straps,and a 36" surlok extension cable.4 hour regulated run time,115 lumens,borofloat lens,303g.sure seems like a nice light kit.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.