Crested Butte Update!

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

just wanted to update on the early season conditions!

The upper loop and Lupine Trail are now ride-able! Thanks ullr for this horrible winter season! at least we get to ride fantastic single track early!!!!

Strand and other trails are not far out!

"GimmeAraise" wrote

just wanted to update on the early season conditions!

The upper loop and Lupine Trail are now ride-able! Thanks ullr for this horrible winter season! at least we get to ride fantastic single track early!!!!

Strand and other trails are not far out!

Hey GimmeAraise, do you ride Hartman’s Rocks during the early and late season? Does it tend to stay open longer than stuff up around CB?

Hey GimmeAraise, do you ride Hartman’s Rocks during the early and late season? Does it tend to stay open longer than stuff up around CB?

Big fan of hartmans! it opened last Monday (10 days ago) and I’ve been down there about 5 times now. Super technical riding much more so then CB! its a great primer for the season up in CB! it opens usually much earlier then any CB trails and stays open much longer! its lower in elevation and tends to get almost no snow! this year we were still biking it in January. but I also was still biking the upper loop in January haha! only down side these days is gas and making it down to gunny, but its sooo worth it still!! I love to ski but man I’m soooooo happy to get on my new bike! yahoooooo!!

"GimmeAraise" wrote

Big fan of hartmans! it opened last Monday (10 days ago) and I’ve been down there about 5 times now. Super technical riding much more so then CB! its a great primer for the season up in CB! it opens usually much earlier then any CB trails and stays open much longer! its lower in elevation and tends to get almost no snow! this year we were still biking it in January. but I also was still biking the upper loop in January haha! only down side these days is gas and making it down to gunny, but its sooo worth it still!! I love to ski but man I’m soooooo happy to get on my new bike! yahoooooo!!

Nice that sounds awesome!! Happy spring!

Isn’t part of Hartman’s restricted until mid may for Grouse hatching?

"skibum" wrote

Isn’t part of Hartman’s restricted until mid may for Grouse hatching?

yes but the majority of the fun trails are north of the power lines!

Hartman Rocks is open north of the Powerlines Road. Please remember that the following trails, roads and areas are closed to bikes and motos until May 15, 2012 for Sage-grouse protection:

Outback
      Bambi’s
      Skull Pass
      Aberdeen Loop
      Back In
      Sawtooth
      9-0
      All roads south of the Powerlines Road.
      Aberdeen Quarry Area

see: gunnisontrails.com/?p=1683

quick update:

Were riding trails this years that were still under snow last year!

Trails that opened this week:
      Snodgrass
      Strand
      Farris Creek
      Deer Creek
      Lower Loop
      and other small connectors!

Officially as of yesterday CBMBA has stated that all Trails in Crested Butte are open!! crazy early! but i cant complain just bring on the rain!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.