creek/vibration

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Noticed a creek/vibration while pedalling yesterday. Did not notice any loose parts etc. Seemed to come from the drive train (single speed rigid) After a bit I noticed it came every third rotation of the crank. Did place a lot of lube on it last night. Will clean the drive train good tonight. Thinking a stiff link in the chain. What do you think?

If cleaning up the lube doesn’t work pay attention to your seat tube. I thought my bottom bracket was creaking and it turned out my seat post was dirty where it contacted my frame 😮

Had similar issue way back when damaged a tooth on middle chain ring took me awhile to figure it out but with a single speed should be able to look over fast.

"brianW" wrote

Noticed a creek/vibration while pedalling yesterday. Did not notice any loose parts etc. Seemed to come from the drive train (single speed rigid) After a bit I noticed it came every third rotation of the crank. Did place a lot of lube on it last night. Will clean the drive train good tonight. Thinking a stiff link in the chain. What do you think?

Check your chain tension make sure it is not too tight. I get that on my fixed gear whenever I change the tire or rear cog and I get a little over zealous on aligning the rear tire you should have a bit of slack in the chain. If that is good check that your crank arms are tightened to spec if that is good check your bottom bracket might need servicing.

Good luck

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.