Crazy FS rig question

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Crazy FS rig question

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Does anyone seriously ride with a bottle mounted to the underside of their frame?

It seems crazy that theres a mount under there to begin with then I saw a pic of a loaded bottlecage and thought that it had to be the craziest thing I ever saw. Questionable dirt and standing water splashing up onto the thing must make it taste extra good is my guess.

Try to realize that even with the bottle mounted to the inside of the frame,it will still get dirt and crud on it,hahahaha.But I hear ya,as long as it is out in the open like that,it will just get more and more stuff on it.
      I usually use my bottle for some kind of recovery mix drink and only drink it at rest stops after unscrewing the cap and drinking from the bottle itself. 😕

JDH

Yeah I never understood the whole bottle under the frame thing either. My FS frame has the ports to mount a bottle cage on the outside of the frame but I could never bring myself to really entertain the idea. I do use the inside the frame bottle cage on my hardtail but the bottle I use has a cover over the drinking nipple.

Kinda like this one…

I hear you on the non-soft plastic bottle. I usually ride with one of these in the cage on my HT.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.