Crash and burn at deer creek canyon

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Today coming down "the wall" I was going way to fast and my front tire got locked on a rock and i went straight over. All my fall landed on my head on a rock. THANK GOD for a helmet! However Im pretty jacked up and might have a serious neck injury. My body went limp as I hit and my back crunched on me too. It was a horrible fall. Ill be getting an MRI tomorrow depending on how I feel when I wake up. Lets hope its not too serious but Im kinda worried, So heres to me slowing down and taking my time on those rocky downhill sections and heres to wearing helmets if I wasnt wearing one id be dead. Safe riding, Mike

Sounds painful as hell. Thank god for the helmet! Hope you are alright guy.

Dang dude, not good, sounds like a painful crash! Better safe than sorry, if you’re not feeling well, do the MRI! I hope you recover quickly! Sending prayers your way!

Bummer. Wish you a speedy recovery

Best wishes to you, Mike – it could have been a lot worse, but good energy is coming to you! I’ve definitely taken a hit where the lack of helmet would’ve ended me, too.

Hope all is well. Get better soon, bro.

Thanks guys much appreciated! I went to the hospital and got an X Ray last night cuz I started to worry. Turns out I just sprained my neck and didnt break anything.. THANK GOD! Only downside is I have to go buy a new helmet before I can ride again lol which sucks but hey better to spend the $100 on another one of those then to not walk away! Hope some people having second guesses on that other post about wearing a helmet are sold on one now. Thanks again guys ill be on the singletrack this weekend! Cant get enough of it!

Wow, I know that wall well, it can be hairy. Glad to hear you are okay. Hope the sprain heals quickly!

"MtnBikeMike" wrote

Thanks guys much appreciated! I went to the hospital and got an X Ray last night cuz I started to worry. Turns out I just sprained my neck and didnt break anything.. THANK GOD! Only downside is I have to go buy a new helmet before I can ride again lol which sucks but hey better to spend the $100 on another one of those then to not walk away! Hope some people having second guesses on that other post about wearing a helmet are sold on one now. Thanks again guys ill be on the singletrack this weekend! Cant get enough of it!

Great news. I had a simular crash last year, but damanged 3 spinal disks in the neck and sprained the ligaments of the Acromioclavicular joint.

The helmet saved my life that day….

Man thats crazy im glad to hear you walked away from it. Im just glad I didnt break my neck personally. Helmet saved me too

glad your ok mike,those things are scary,get back on that horse as soon as you can dude……

Glad to hear you weren’t more seriously hurt!

Here’s a video of that actual section, with me falling. 😳

http://vimeo.com/23072169

Gee Madd,cant tell but it looks like you just fell over dude.I really like helmet cams but hate when I cant see how they crash,hahahahahaha.

Yes, I had stopped to look over that log and literally just fell over.

me and my 10 yr old hike the trail the other day. I have ridden the loops before. It was few yrs ago. It seemed more techinical on foot.

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.