Connected to your bike (light setup)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Some light setups have a "Y" cable to share the battery.

I purshased two magicshine’s from Geoman. (great service by the way and an excellent price) I use one and my gf uses the other. We’re thinking about adding another light each. One on the handle bars and one on our helmets.

My question is, is it a normal/smart move to be "connected" to your bike that way? I’m thinking if we were tossed from the bike we’d rip something loose before the cable disconnect parted.

Any thoughts or advice on what works for you guys?

My question is, is it a normal/smart move to be "connected" to your bike that way? I’m thinking if we were tossed from the bike we’d rip something loose before the cable disconnect parted

My lights do not connect from me to the bike,I know what your sayin,all my lights explicitly say in the directions to NOT disconnect by pulling on the wire’s,grasp the connectors themselves to disconnect from the battery or light.
      I wonder if the lights that come with that Y connector have some kinda "easy didconnect" so the wires dont pull out if you crash and your bike gets away from you and the wires get ripped apart.??

That’s what I was feeling but wanted to double-check. Thanks for posting.

I think the Y fitting is to allow a dual on the Bars or a Dual on The Helmet. I don’t think you would want to connect your battery to your bike and the light to your head. IT would be pretty restrictive and all it would take is a little slip and you will tear something up.

Seems like a bad idea to me.

My 2 Cents

Like the other folks said the Y is more than likely for a dual light set up…But avoid to have the battey on your body and a light on the bike…Usually folks when the do have battery on them is because they are running a seperate headlight setup.

Cheers

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.