Confidence booster

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

My girlfriend started riding with me a few weeks back she has been doing really good until last week I took her to a intermediate st. She crashed about halfway through got up laughed it off, then about a mile later she took a pretty good digger we walked for a ways after that. She doesn’t want to ride st for awhile what’s the best way to help her get her confidence back up? We ride around the block a few times a week but I’m trying to figure out a way to get her to push herself any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Leave her alone and let her figure it out on her own time.  Voice of experience.

If you have access to a fat bike in her size try that.  My wife had confidence issues starting out and was able to work her way back by using a friends fat bike.  Huge tires have a way of inspiring confidence and making the experience enjoyable again.  Good luck!

Yeah I’m letting her do her own thing just looking for ways to help her. The fat bike is a good idea my buddy has one I could borrow I’ll give that a shot! Thanks

I agree with the fat bike suggestion. I think I became more aggressive as a rider since I ride a fattie, specially on downhill. Cant tell you how many times it saves my skin for my dumb line selection.

Fat for sure! Or a plus is also great for the confidence. I do stuff on my fatty I would not even have thought of doing on the flash. I have become a better rider on the skinny bike also.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.