Coming out of hiding to shed a few pounds

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

It’s been a long while since I posted on here! I’ve managed to acquire a wife, dog, and baby in the time I’ve been gone. Life has been nuts!

Since all that’s been happening, I’ve managed to put back on 40 of the 100 lbs I lost 😳

It’s time to do something about it. Going to start another weight loss journey to shed this beer belly of mine and get back into the awesome shape I was in 2 years ago. I want to get active in the forum again so I have something (other than my wife of course) to hold me accountable for updates haha.

I’ll be updating this post as I shed the chunk and get back down to 220 lbs (currently at 259)

Feels good to be back!

Welcome back, JT!

You’ll find a few changes in the community, most notably that there’s only four people that regularly use it now (and I’m including you in the total 😄 )

I’m sorry to hear of your returning potential energy but stoked to hear that you’ll be transforming it into kinetic. Due to a lot of different stuff, this riding season has been terribly non-existent for me. I find myself daydreaming about riding.

Let us(me) know what your game plan is for the weightloss when you nail it down. I’d be interested to hear what it will be. If I remember correctly, you had begun mixing running into your regimen.

i normally do a decent amount of riding (a few times a week) but im thinking it wouldnt hurt to lose a few pounds. any special tips or training regimes?

i normally do a decent amount of riding (a few times a week) but im thinking it wouldnt hurt to lose a few pounds. any special tips or training regimes?

"schwim" wrote

You’ll find a few changes in the community, most notably that there’s only four people that regularly use it now (and I’m including you in the total 😄 )

I guess I’d be number 4.5, I took a couple months of a sabbatical from social media, then came back to this site and was surprised to see the lack of posts!

Good to hear you’re getting back on the bike JT. I’m still at 200, so I’ve done well keeping my weight off!

"aewynn0915" wrote

I lost 100 pounds on my bike. I did it by riding every day, I quit drinking beer (switched to vodka/iced tea for low calories), and I quit fast food and processed/pre-packaged food. For riding, I mainly put on 25-30 training speed miles on my road bike with mountain biking on the weekends for fun.

Lol thanks for the warm welcome back. Sad to hear that the site isn’t as populated as it used to be.

The plan thus far has been zero junk carbs and calorie counting again…no more potatoes, bread, pasta, etc. Lots of meat and veggies. I’ve lost about 16 pounds so far just doing that with minimal exercise.

The new workout plan is going to start with 1 or 2 rides per week + 1 or 2 runs per week and keeping the diet the same. I’ve been losing 2 lbs a week with diet changes, I’m interested to see what happens when I add workouts.

Haha, ya man. I disappeared off of singletracks for about a year and finally logging back on now. Realized I should probably stop MTBing and actually finish college. Lots of exams and papers later I gained a few myself. But happy to say I graduated and back on the bike and lost that study-snacking weight. Life takes turns, but the bikes are always there waiting for your return.

I actually think it can be good to go through a lull in a hobby sometimes. When you pick it back up again after a lay-off, you remember what you are missing!

"gar29" wrote

I actually think it can be good to go through a lull in a hobby sometimes. When you pick it back up again after a lay-off, you remember what you are missing!

Good point! I recently sold my StumpJumper for a hard tail 650B Giant Talon. My next ride is going to be on a new bike so I’m especially stoked to get out there!

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.