Colorado Trail XC Riders?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Anybody out there ride multiple sections of the CT. I am wanting to ride the CT from Waterton Canyon up to at least Breckenridge over 3-4 days. I was planning on getting a ride around the wilderness area. Has anybody out there done or been wanting to do this kind of riding on the CT?

Ive always thought a long weekend tour would be nice. Waterton to Kenosha pass perhaps. The lost creek wilderness is the only problem. Here is a link to a recommended wilderness detour.

http://www.coloradotrail.org/forms/Lost … detour.doc

I have been really interested in a 2-3 day trip on the CT. Do you have a time frame that you were looking at? Dont know if schedule would allow it, but it would be a great trip!!!

It may be better to bypass the wilderness all together and start out doing the Green Mountain section. It starts right after the Wilderness. Continue as far as you like. The single track through there is awsome.

Why do you want to aviod the hayman area, Is it not rideable? I was thinking of riding from waterton canyon to kenosha pass this june.

Hey keep us posted – if the timing is right, I’d like to join a group doing this.

"propwash" wrote

Why do you want to aviod the hayman area, Is it not rideable? I was thinking of riding from waterton canyon to kenosha pass this june.

Because it passes thru a wilderness where bikes are banned. Take another look at the post from sgrooms, posted: 18 Jun 2008 14:18.

I have to respect anyone who does a significant part of this journey. That is a tough slog and you are definitely a BAMF in my book if you can do it.

"bonkedagain" wrote

[quote="propwash":18uv1f4k]Why do you want to aviod the hayman area, Is it not rideable? I was thinking of riding from waterton canyon to kenosha pass this june.

Because it passes thru a wilderness where bikes are banned. Take another look at the post from sgrooms, posted: 18 Jun 2008 14:18.

I have to respect anyone who does a significant part of this journey. That is a tough slog and you are definitely a BAMF in my book if you can do it.[/quote:18uv1f4k] I had read the quote from sgrooms and all the others, but no one had said that bikes where banned, I was unaware of this.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.