Colorado events anyone?

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Colorado events anyone?

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Man,I’ve been feeling guilllllllty lately,seems like there are a ton of events to attend here in colorado and I even missed the crankworx that I’ve attented the last two years and the Fruita fat tire fest I’ve been to the last 3 or 4 years.Anyone else goin to any of the awsome races,events,festivals,etc…this year?I read that Lance A. is going to be racing in the mountain states XC in Snowmass this weekend,anyone going???

This might not have the entertainment value that you are looking for, but I do plan on helping out with new trail building at Buffalo Creek next week:

Buffalo Creek Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew Visit

If you want to checkout some [i:2hz5b13k]extreme[/i:2hz5b13k] riding then come take a look at the trail that is being built. There are eight foot drops, slickrock descents that have 100% grade slopes for 50-100 ft, giant rock garden chutes, and other wild stuff that I will never ride. Definitely a body-armor required trail.

Btw, IMBA is holding a trail building class this coming Thursday in Golden that is free to anybody who wants to attend. You can signup using the link above.

You gonna go to the class bonked?

"steve32300" wrote

You gonna go to the class bonked?

Yes I will be there. 😀 I’ve done a few trailbuilding and crew leading courses, and everybody has a slightly different take on the different aspects of building good trail, so I like to hear what different people have to say. Plus, I mean, IMBA trail crew, how much more cred could they have? 😎

Actually, they try to cram an awful lot of stuff in one evening, so I don’t expect much. I have done courses that spent three days just talking about how to lead a crew, and other courses that spend three days just doing intro to trail building, with more advanced topics in follow-on courses. The IMBA folks try to cram all that into a single night, so they will have no choice but to gloss over a lot of stuff. But, it will be a good intro for anybody who is thinking about getting more involved in making trails for everybody to enjoy.

Yahoo feature story,Armstrong wins nations highest bike race.

[url:3ekmlt0v]http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-leadville100&prov=ap&type=lgns[/url:3ekmlt0v]

[url:1r42h2nk]http://www.5280mtb.com/?p=455#more-455[/url:1r42h2nk]

Sol Survivor To Be Held At Granby Ranch Labor Day Weekend

GRANBY, Colo. – August 28, 2009 – For the second time this summer, Granby Ranch will host a major mountain bike competition. The Mountain States Cup #7, Sol Survivor, is happening September 4 – 7, 2009, at SolVista Bike Park at Granby Ranch. This latest race comes on the heels of July’s prestigious USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships and helps solidify Granby Ranch’s reputation as one of the nation’s premiere mountain biking hot spots in a 5000-acre residential community.[/quote]

[url:1r42h2nk]http://www.racemsc.com/events/solsurvivor.html[/url:1r42h2nk]

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.