Charlie Kelly Website

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I don’t know if anyone here has posted this link, but i don’t remember seeing it recently.

http://www.sonic.net/~ckelly/Seekay/mtbwelcome.htm

One of the original Marin County moutain bikers back in the 70’s. I found his site fascinating and full of other links. I think I am in Charlie’s age group and looking at his pics reminds me of my early rides on my "singlespeed rigid" with balloon tires. We never thought about racing off mountains back then, just riding dirt roads and escaping from dogs. Funny, in pre-internet days I never heard about these guys til at least 10 years later. Thats what I get for not riding for 30 years, out of the loop.

That’s pretty cool, CCR. I only had time to scan it. I’ll have to take some time to go back and spend a little more time with it.

What a riot! I love the outfits!

"pinkmtb" wrote

What a riot! I love the outfits!

Somewhere there are pictures of me dressed like that. Thanks goodness there aren’t many left from the predigital age. 😆

Thanks for sharing. Had a chat with 2 other local riders last week, one of them mentioned he would like to organize a "old timers" ride. As in the bike you ride has to be from the 90’s or before. Sounds like a fun idea to me.

"brianW" wrote

Thanks for sharing. Had a chat with 2 other local riders last week, one of them mentioned he would like to organize a "old timers" ride. As in the bike you ride has to be from the 90’s or before. Sounds like a fun idea to me.

Most of the guys I ride with are 40’s -50’s. All of our rides are old timers rides. 😆
      Yea my bike was from around 1970. My cousin and I did an overnight trip once that went up and over the Blue Ridge Parkway. Close to 100 miles. I wish I could remember how we strapped all our gear on. Shortly after that I believe the evolution from one geared bikes for the masses began. I’m thinking there was 3 speed, then 5 speed, and then 10 speed. 10 speed became the standard and I got one. Did the same overnight ride again with the 10 speed. Then I turned 16, got a car and parked the bike – for a long time. 😐

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.