Central Florida mountain biker newb

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Hey Everyone- I stumbled on single tracks a few days ago looking for some trails. I am new to mountain biking and really enjoy it so far.

I have a diamondback topanga with disk brakes, dart1 front fork, easton ea50 bar and stem. Pretty much a beginners setup. I am looking to get a lot more miles under my belt!

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Have you rode at the Little Big Econ or Soldier Creek yet? Anyways, great to have you here bro! 😃

Thanks for the welcome, I am planning on checking out Solider Creek this weekend actually! I have only been to Wekiva springs which was really sandy in some spots, then again I haven’t tried a lot of trails to gauge from.

Hey Han’ welcome to Singletracks. Make sure you head west when you are up for it and ride Alafia and Balm Boyette. Both are great trails in the Tampa area. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new hobby.

I checked out the soldiers creek this past saturday and it was a blast, cant wait to check out some others. I mustered up enough courage to go over the seesaw, one thing I need to invest in is shin pads..haha Metal pedals are not soft.

Hey fellas. Been lurking around on here for a while now. Thought i would finally chime in. Hansolo, you definitely need to get over here to lakeland and try Carter. Not a very long coarse but definitely rocks.

Welcome Hansolo and JMBigOrange to the forum. You Floridians are pretty well represented on this forum. Glad you are enjoying the ride. And what an addictive activity it is. Welcome again.

"JMBIGORANGE" wrote

Hey fellas. Been lurking around on here for a while now. Thought i would finally chime in. Hansolo, you definitely need to get over here to lakeland and try Carter. Not a very long coarse but definitely rocks.

Okay cool, I will have to check that one out too!

thx

Thanks for the welcome reception. Chilipepper…You ever come out this way to ride? Also what have you got riding wise over on the coast by you?

HanSolo…There is also some nice singletrack over in Tampa called Flatwoods. It’s off Morrisbridge road. Not real technical but nice singletrack. Good place to put in some miles.

Hey ChiliPepper. Thanks for the compliment on my Fisher. I’ve done quite a few upgrades since that pic was taken. SHimano LX cranks, Bontrager Carbon seatpost, Selle italia saddle, Ergon grips, Titec stem and carbon bars. I’ve definitely developed the MTB sickness. My riding buddy just bought a brand new Trek EX 8. We’ve been hitting the trails regularly.

Don"t know who Cujo is but i"ll be on the lookout for him.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.