January 4, 2019 at 11:21 #254052
Hello, Singletracks community! As you may know, I am a writer and recent contributor on the site.
Later this month I get to chat with XC/Enduro legend Cécil Ravanel, and I would love to add some of your questions to that discussion.
What do you want to know about one of the most talented riders in our sport? Something about training? Future plans? Challenges and obstacles of her pro career? Her favorite ice cream topping? Tire Pressure? Best hometown tracks?
I will ask as many of your questions as time allows, so fire away!
January 4, 2019 at 11:59 #254056
I’m always curious how much time pro athletes devote to training. Like is training a full time job, or just part time? Does it ever get boring?
Also curious if Cécil has any thoughts on why more women don’t ride mountain bikes.
January 5, 2019 at 09:41 #254077
In no order of importance:
- What kinda of styling products does she use in her hair?
- What was the last thing that embarrassed you?
- What was last album/song she downloaded/acquired?
- Name something that scared the living shit out of her, but she liked it so much she did it again.
- Favorite curse word in French, English and any other languages she speaks?
- If she was not racing what would she be doing for employment?
- Besides the champagne what is her favorite post-win libation?
- Where would she live if she could no longer where she lives now?
- Randoms: Favorite artist, writer, philosopher.
- What the most beautiful place in nature and the most beautiful city she has been to?
January 5, 2019 at 13:51 #254081
January 7, 2019 at 14:32 #254132
What I’m curious about the most when it comes to Ravanel is how she remains so consistent. Like….she wins pretty much every damn EWS round every time, haha. Is there a key to her consistency, or is she just on a next level?
Is there anything that actually throws her off, or gets in her head when she’s racing? On a bad day or bad round for her, what is it that seems to go wrong?
January 7, 2019 at 17:38 #254161
Here are mine.
What do you do to prepare in the last hour before a competition both mentally and physically?
When you are riding and don’t feel ‘dialed in’ on any given day what do you do?
January 25, 2019 at 06:29 #255588
Thanks for these, y’all! The interview is next week, so if anyone has questions they would like to add please get them to me soon.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.