CANYONBIKESDIRECT.com website fraud or real?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi guys and girls,

Does anyone know if “canyonbikesdirect.com” website is real or a fake scam?

Thanks

I’m not sure, but I would certainly do some research.  The discounts are pretty significant… the Spectral 9.0 is 6999 directly from Canyon, and 4899 at the link you question.  If it were me, I’d definitely question that much of a discount.  Canyon is a consumer direct model, so it seems odd, to me anyway, that a third party is selling their products, especially at such a discount.  A quick check on Canyons site doesn’t mention any third party seller options, but I may have missed it.  If it were me, I’d just contact Canyon directly and ask them.  And if the site is legitimate, I’d question return policy, warranty, support, etc.

One other thing, my firewall (Trend Micro router hardware based) initially blocked the link you asked about.  I had to go around the firewall to get to the site.  Doesn’t always mean the site is 100% bad, but the firewall I’m behind is usually pretty good about not setting off false positives.

Again, just ask Canyon about the site.

Agreed, seems a little weird for a D2C brand to have a separate, 3rd party site to sell more bikes.

Definitely shoot Canyon an email.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.