Can’t believe my luck…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

So here i was today, checking out a new trail (can’t say where yet,its secret). Great place with ten to 15 foot drops with sweet transitions, awesome flowing trails…And well one littlr gap and i cased it, flipped and toasted my clavical. Broke in one spot near shoulder…Out for six weeks.

Dude, that sucks! We need more details 😀

I can’t imagine the pain plus having to sit out 6 weeks just adds insult to injury. Any damage to your bike?

dude, that sucks… and i thought it bad bc i haven’t ridden in two weeks because my bike is in the shop. at least i haven’t broken anything on my body!!!

Damn that sucks a$$ !!!! Hope you get better soon dude 😎

Bummer Element. I hope you recover soon.

"element22" wrote

So here i was today, checking out a new trail (can’t say where yet,its secret). Great place with ten to 15 foot drops with sweet transitions, awesome flowing trails…And well one littlr gap and i cased it, flipped and toasted my clavical. Broke in one spot near shoulder…Out for six weeks.

Dang!!! That blows. And a clavical is not one of easiest of bones to heal either. They can’t really put a cast on it or restrict the movement of your arm/shoulder so anytime you move the shoulder the slighest bit it hurts like hell. Man get back up ridin soon. We need your awesome blogs and reviews. Did the wipeout mess your bike up any?

Nothing wrong with the bike at all…It was really a noneventful thing….I just flipped over and landed bad, X-ray showed a clean break but still not fun. Oh well, guess I am going to be doing a loy more reading and writing over the next month and half.

Well the bike is good so thats a plus. When my dad broke his (in a dirt-bike accident) he looked up and asked the doc if there was any kind of food or supplements that would help the healing process. The doc and research said lots of pineapple helps out alot. But it had the be whole pine apple, the kind that is not alrady cut up and canned. It still has the little green tree thing sticking out of the top. It cut his healing time byt like three week so said the doc. He also downed a couple of calcium pills a day to help out. If i remeber right the pineapple helped with the producing/processing of calcium in the body. Sped it up. Just a though i might mention. Get better soon.

thanks i will keep that in mind

Thats good to know Spazjenson. In my (very) short Evil Knevil dirt bike career, I endo’ed into a ditch and broke mine (or was that Awful Knaful). Seems like I had to wear a sort of man bra thing for a while. Looked funky but seem to do the trick of holding the bone in place while it healed.

I don’t think pineapple was widely used as a supplement way back then. The internet provides a lot of knowledge on stuff like that. Element, you could always take a leftover pineapple and make pineapple martini’s out of them. Won’t help with healing but you might forget about MTBing for a little while.

Element, how late in the season can you ride in your area?

Hope you get well soon dude.Do you think you could get the x-rays up for all of us to see?? 😏

Whoa, and I thought I had a bad fall today. I jammed my arm and now my shoulder blade is in pain. But you take the cake for serious damage man. Hope you have a smooth recovery.

Dang element, that stinks. Get well soon.

That sucks, Heal fast!

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.