Cannondale lefty fork replacement

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

So I own what a Cannondale flash hi mod 26″ that I bought a couple of years ago, unsure of the exact model but can do some digging if required.

It’s been satn the garage over a year now as the lefty fork on it is leaking pretty badly and nobody wants to touch it. I tried to replace it with a newer lefty but the newer design requires a shorter head tube than my frame has.

If I want to replace the fork with a more standard one will I require any special sized fork tube and/or headset?

I’m hoping to get it back running without spending a fortune but any advice would be appreciated.

Cheapest fix is…to fix it.

I used to own a Cannondale Rush. Sweet bike. I rebuilt the Lefty every winter. Pretty good step-by-step here —->https://mbaction.com/how-to-service-cannondales-lefty-fork/

I can’t see spending more than $50 keeping an outdated 26er running. I certainly wouldn’t buy a new fork for the Flash. Putting a new fork on this bike would cost more than the bike is worth. Sometimes you need to give up on an old bike and just junk it and buy a new bike. Check out these budget 29ers that sell for about $1000.

Vitus Sentier
      Salsa Rangefinder/Timberjack
      Rocky Mountain Growler

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.