Can I make my 2015 Anthem SX 27.5 Medium fit my wife?

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Can I make my 2015 Anthem SX 27.5 Medium fit my wife?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hey all,

Just wondering if it would be possible to make my medium anthem sx fit my wife. She is about 5′ 3" – 5′ 4", with an inseam about 28-29". If I can make it fit her.. new bike for me! Haha .. anyone have any opinions on this? She isn’t looking to ride super hard, but wants to get into something with quality parts that won’t feel rickety – my anthem would be perfect for what she wants to do, the only thing im concerned is about the fit.

The most important factor is standover height. If she straddles the bike, does she have some room to play between the Baby Delivery System and the top tube? If the answer is in the affirmative, you can do a lot of things to make the bike fit a smaller stature, the following making the most impact:

1) shorter seat post with seat positioned forward
      2) Shorter stem
      3) narrower bars (bringing the hands together allows a more upright position and less stretch
      4) shorter cranks

There are of course some limitations to these adjustments. You can get to a point that although she fits the bike, it rides like crap. If you move the seat so far forward that she’s sitting over the bottom bracket, she’ll feel like she’s falling forward constantly and end up with wrist and hand pain. Narrow the bars too much and it will feel too twitchy. In short, make sure she likes the way it feels if you do manage to get it to fit her before you go pick up your new ride.

"baby delivery system". Funny Schwim 😆 and good suggestions. I would think about a bar with more rise than the stock bar. I’ve noticed that can be helpful for people riding bikes that are a little too big.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.