Camp Hilbert Race Series

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I am thinking of entering this years Camp Hilbert races. I am relitavely new to mountain biking (this is only my second year) but I want to give myself a good challenge. I am planning on entering into the beginners bracket. Has anyone done the Camp Hilbert races? Is this a good race for someone who is just getting started?

Here is a link if you are not familiar.
      [url:1pvkepmn]http://www.runriderace.com/chrs-race-info/[/url:1pvkepmn]

never rode it but one suggestion try beginer for the first race. If you feel good next time enter in sport. beginners only ride 6-12 miles according to the web site while sport 15-18 miles. Challenge yourself!

Then again my first race was a metric century.

Jboyd,

I am thinking about doing the Camp Hilbert races too, this will be my first full year riding but want to push myself as well….. maybe we can get together and do some riding…..

"Iceberg30" wrote

Jboyd,

I am thinking about doing the Camp Hilbert races too, this will be my first full year riding but want to push myself as well….. maybe we can get together and do some riding…..

I’m pretty stoked for the race on April 11th. I got out to ride my bike for the first time this season last weekend. I’ve been training indoors mostly because of all the snow we got in February. Right now I’m spinning 3 days a week and riding outside on the weekends. I don’t really get away from the northern va/Maryland areas to ride. Do you ever make it over here?

I didn’t get over there at all last year but plan on getting out that way this year, I am going to try and ride as much as possible this year….. I have just been riding 3 days a week indoors, trying to get my legs where they need to be…. Slowly but surely there getting there. I rented a bike last season and I am in the process of getting one now just trying to find the right one to get…. I am leaning towards the Cannondale F7

So I participated in the first event this last weekend. it was a blast! I didn’t sign up for any of the other camp hilbert events this year but I plan on doing at least 1, if not all 3 of the Cranky Monkey races in the DC area.

I came in 11th place of 13 in the beginner category. Not a great showing by any means, but I’m happy I finished and the experience was awesome.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.