Cablecam mountain Unicycling!

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

This is my third–and most ambitious so far–Uni-cable-cam video shot today, and after another 6-7 hours on trails, I had nearly an hour of footage to edit down to an action packed 5 minutes!

One of my favorite parts has me getting into a "race" with the rig! With the cable cam perched about 15 feet above me, it began its 200 foot-long descent, down to almost ground level, screaming down the cable at a blistering 15mph, almost instantly!

I was going as fast as I could (On my 24" MUni w/150mm cranks) to try to beat the camera to the end of the cable line, where I had to make a crazy sharp right turn down this drop at the last second, then try to "duck" under the line–before the rig passed–or HIT me! Suffice it to say it took a few takes, and some nasty bails!

I really enjoyed the creative aspect and the challenge of staging these new shots, so I hope you enjoy. I love to hear from you all so please comment and let me know what you think! Thanks!

PS: I’m now taking a well-deserved break in making/posting new videos…I NEED the rest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ZL9g4dQjc

"uni_geezer" wrote

This is my third–and most ambitious so far–Uni-cable-cam video shot today, and after another 6-7 hours on trails, I had nearly an hour of footage to edit down to an action packed 5 minutes!

One of my favorite parts has me getting into a "race" with the rig! With the cable cam perched about 15 feet above me, it began its 200 foot-long descent, down to almost ground level, screaming down the cable at a blistering 15mph, almost instantly!

I was going as fast as I could (On my 24" MUni w/150mm cranks) to try to beat the camera to the end of the cable line, where I had to make a crazy sharp right turn down this drop at the last second, then try to "duck" under the line–before the rig passed–or HIT me! Suffice it to say it took a few takes, and some nasty bails!

I really enjoyed the creative aspect and the challenge of staging these new shots, so I hope you enjoy. I love to hear from you all so please comment and let me know what you think! Thanks!

PS: I’m now taking a well-deserved break in making/posting new videos…I NEED the rest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ZL9g4dQjc

Cool stuff Uni. Some of the camera mishaps are hilarious. 😆 Good quality video too. What type of camera do you use? It must be pretty tough. Nice trench jump too in the first of the video. How did you ever get into unicycling? It hasn’t caught on in my area, so my exposure to it has been on youtubes,etc.

Another post 50 rider here, but I think I’ll stick to two wheels hehehe. CCR

Yeah,cool vid’s Uni,like ccr said I dont see too many uni’s out here in colorado on the trails except one time we were on red rocks trail and a whole gaggle of em came by bouncing like tigger on his tail through the technical stuff,but I’m like ccr,two wheels for me too.

ughh, what’s with the owner of the dogs? Didn’t look like he even attempted to retain them…. that sucks that you have to stop due to things like that, however otherwise a very nice vid.

"steve32300" wrote

we were on red rocks trail and a whole gaggle of em came by bouncing like tigger on his tail through the technical stuff

Steve you crack me up. Got a way with words my friend. 😆

I wonder what the learning curve is like on a unicycle. I’m guessing on a unicycle once you get moving its easier than getting on it stationary. Probably mostly mental.

Steve you crack me up. Got a way with words my friend.

Ahhh dude,you’ve no idea,hahahhaha.I catch heck for it alllll the time,good or bad.

Speaking of uni’s and virginians,I was back up at Red Rocks trail yesterday and some dude from virgina showed up on a uni,he was riding alone but just had to ride some colorado trails on his unicycle.He said the altitude was giving him a hard time but he did get to ride those colorado trails…….

"steve32300" wrote
      Steve you crack me up. Got a way with words my friend.

Ahhh dude,you’ve no idea,hahahhaha.I catch heck for it alllll the time,good or bad.

Speaking of uni’s and virginians,I was back up at Red Rocks trail yesterday and some dude from virgina showed up on a uni,he was riding alone but just had to ride some colorado trails on his unicycle.He said the altitude was giving him a hard time but he did get to ride those colorado trails…….

I swear – it wasn’t me. 😆 So thats were all the unicyclists in Virginia have gone. Man, wish I could be there this time of the year. Stiffling humidity in Virginia before during and after the afternoon thunderstorms.

Funny there was an article in a regional outdoors magazine a year or so ago which had a picture of a unicyclist on the cliffs at MacAfees Knob. Thats a local hiking mecca on the AT. Mmm, wonder if he rode it on the AT. Sierra Club types have been known to draw and quarter mountain bikers for that. Could have got away with it for it being sort of a new thing. Suppose he could have packed it in on his back. Or maybe he left for Colorado afterwards 😏 .

Thanks for the comments guys! I have a couple more up now!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.