Building a Ledge Drop

Tagged: 

Viewing 64 reply threads
  • Author

I have gotten sick of riding around the trails here in town and there just being hardly any technical trail features on them.I have decided to build a drop on a private trail (Public trail on private property) with the permission of the trailbuilder and so far it has been an interesting process that I figured I would share.

Step 1. Finding a location.
      This part was the one I thought would be easy but as it turns out,I’m either really picky or just lazy… honestly both,haha.There were several spots on the trail I had pictured it but once you start to think about getting materials to the drop site,that helps influence the location.I chose a location very close to the beginning of the trail near the parking lot because of ease of material transport as well as the terrain.Since I wanted to build a ledge style drop,I looked for a somewhat natural ledge to build on to that would have a nice smooth transition to land on.

Step 2. Cutting the trail.
      Depending on where you build a drop,you may have to cut a few things,I had to cut a whole new trail.I didn’t want to build it on any existing line so as to not catch anyone off guard and mess up the trail flow that people are used to so I made my own line.At this point,I had help from a felIow rider so it only took 2 hours or so to cut a ride-able trail. I started at the landing transition and worked my way up the hill weaving the trail through the trees after a straight line leading to the drop.Depending on the size of the drop and the rest of the trail,you may want to make it slightly difficult to get to the drop to keep lesser skilled riders from accidentally finding it and flying off the end.After I got enough trail cut for the lead in,I started curving back over to the existing trail to connect it.I had planned on not cutting the trail entrance until the drop was built but I decided it would be better to have people "ride it in" and pack the trail down first.After the trail was cut,I had to connect the landing back to the trail as well to complete the loop.

Step 3. Ride it in!
      This part should be a lot of fun! Tell all your friends to go ride the new trail you cut since they didn’t help clear it,haha.Make sure the trail flows nicely and there is not much distracting you from the drop ahead.Modify and groom as needed.

Step 4. Test Drop. (optional)
      This is not really necessary,but will ensure that you have the location right and the drop feels smooth.I was unsure of how high to build it so I made a small 1 foot drop with some scrap wood and it took 3 times before I got the feel right to just float off the end.Now that I know roughly where I land,I know where I need to back the lip up to,as well as roughly how high and long to make it.

Step 5. Purchasing Lumber/Planning.
      You may not need to purchase wood if you have it donated or laying around,but you may still need to cut it at a site other than the build site so you need to know what to cut and how many.For this bridge,I am purchasing all the pressure treated lumber,bringing it home and cutting it,then transporting it to the trail and assembling it there.Take a tape measure out to the site to get some numbers and sketch up the bridge.This should get you close enough to buy the wood without buying too little or too much,as well as tell you exactly what to cut.At this time,plan warning and difficulty signage.

*Don’t be one of those ugly or hazardous bridge builders,build it strong or don’t build it at all.Cut the riding surface boards as evenly as possible so it looks good and doesn’t gore someone if the need to go off the side. 😎

Step 6. Cut/Transport/Build.
      However you do this,get friends to help! I’ll cut the wood here,mark it,take it to the trail in the car,then hike it from the car to the build site.Depending on how far you have to go to get to the build site,you may have to get creative and backpack it and ride it in to the site.Block the trail with the lumber so riders take notice during construction.Build it!!! Have someone put up the warning signs at this time before you get excited and forget. 😃

Step 7. Happy Freefall!!! Break out the cameras and helmets and decide who’s going first!!! Take lots of pictures and share them on Singletracks!

Hey bro, are you building a ramped drop (step-up into a drop) or a straight drop to huck off?

Do you have any existing ledges on this trail whereas to build up an transition either gapped or not gapped? Most trails there is no elevation change to build in a drop to huck off into a transition, most of the time, especially here in FL, you have to build a step-up or other words a ramped launch.

A drop is hucking (launching) off a normal flat ledge into a transition or gapped transition below the ledge. A step-up or ramped launch into a gap or or not is a more of a jump than a drop unless you have a well defined ledge that is ramped up for more air time and tricks.

Building a skinny bridge up high off the ground to huck off is considered a ledge drop (skinny drop) either with a trans or not. We built a sweet skinny drop that launched you out at least 10′ (11′ to 13′ depending where you landed & your speed hucking it) with a 8′ to 9′ drop. It is gone now unfortunately, but is now a 6′ step-up drop in now.

Anyways, gotta distribute some pics of your work bro!

BTW, we are settings plans on Santos in around March again as we used to do for a whole week.

It will be a straight drop off to a transition,I’ll even have a level out there when I build the actual bridge.I messed with ramping up the mock up ledge,doesn’t feel right,too sudden and non flowing.

Remember the very first section of The Rock we rode? there was that one steep little rooty section where you could either go left or right of the tree and it kinda ended up in a bowl.There is actually a good ledge to start with over to the right of that tree.There is intentionally a short lead in to it to help me prepare for that f’d up approach on the 5 and 7 footer at Santos,haha.I gotta get a new photo host site and I’ll get pics up of the cleared trail and test drop.

At the moment,I’m thinking 10 feet of bridge to the drop,gotta go hold up a 2X4 with a level and see what that gets me for height…may need to be 12 feet.

This is the level test drop from standing on the ground at the bottom of the bowl.the 10 foot bridge would bring it up a bit over another foot,but it needs to move back as well so you land on the transition.It will be 2-3 feet from the ground as measured by IMBA standards but would be 4-6 feet depending on your speed.

That transition is nice!!! shoots you off down the trail after landing at a good speed….may need to extend the exit line,haha.

Had to rebuild the drop today,the log failed or someone messed it up but it’s better now. 😃 Still debating on 10 or 12 feet for the bridge length for the final drop.

Jeez bro, real sweet drop ya got going there. If it was me, I would be building that skinny up another 4′ at least and make the skinny bridge at least 10′ flat with a grade into the skinny bridge. Do not need to get distance (speed drop) for this drop by what I see in the pictures, just a drop into a transition.

Anyways, looks like fun bro. Is this at The Rock?

That is at The Rock,right up front by the parking lot in that sinkhole section.I’ll get a picture up tonight of the lead up to it showing the grade on the way down to it.There is a log crossing about 30 feet from the lip that adds a bit of speed to it already…see what you think about the pic later,any suggestions are very welcome bro!

Yeah bro, I remember that specific roll in drop in that gulley near the parking lot. There is huge potential in that area alone for some sweet step-ups, step-downs, skinny drops & ramped jumps.

Here is two pictures & one video of how you should build the skinny drop.

A picture & video of a similar one…

Dang, all this picture peeping of freeriding makes me want to grab my steed and ride…LOL!

Sorry for the lack of pics,I’ll get those up this afternoon.That first pic is about the right lip height for what I was thinkin for this one though.

I can’t wait till this is done so I have something to go ride!!!

"GALAXY" wrote

Sorry for the lack of pics,I’ll get those up this afternoon.That first pic is about the right lip height for what I was thinkin for this one though.

I can’t wait till this is done so I have something to go ride!!!

LOL…that’s all good bro. Go have fun!

I had to go to work,wasn’t all that fun,haha.

So here is the 12 foot board sitting level,and one foot back from the current lip.Height at the end is 30 inches from the top of the board to the ground.With the added 2 inches for the decking,it will end up close to 3′ and where you land will be close to 4′ or 5′ depending on the speed so it should be a very fun,very smooth rolling drop.

This happens to be the only pic I have from the side to show the grade…master trailbuilder at work,haha. 😎 The log crossing directly before this section rolls very smooth and you can get a bit of speed from it.I never pedal on this section anyway.

At 12′,the bridge will start about 1′ behind my feet in that pic.I’m a bit worried that 12′ is too long of a distance to travel level before a drop but I’ll just build an angled bridge down to that one if it is,haha.

Here is the log crossing,it rolls like a paved sidewalk and adds nicely to the speed.

I felt the caution sign couldn’t hurt,there are a few noobish riders out there and I will paint up a permanent one warning to wear a helmet and have the proper bike and die at your own risk and all before the permanent bridge is built.

"GALAXY" wrote

I felt the caution sign couldn’t hurt,there are a few noobish riders out there and I will paint up a permanent one warning to wear a helmet and have the proper bike and die at your own risk and all before the permanent bridge is built.

Dang bro, say it loud and clear, hey?…. 😆

Looks like a lot of fun to be had. Me, I would have made a roll in on the side to keep weary riders off and a bit steeper drop, but that’s just me… 😆

Well, going off to do a bit of trail work today and open a trail (easy trail) for the weary riders of our beloved GFT, so they do not have to take the technical one (main trail) which can very difficult for weary or newb riders… 😆

On-On!

Haha,I’ll word it different on the real sign.As far as an alternate line,the trail itself is kind of an alternate line to the main trail.It really is a pretty short little run.

By "a bit steeper drop",what do you mean? Should the lip be out more?

How about the height of the level 2X4? 😃

Have fun with the trail work man!

It’s been a couple weeks now and I’ve had a blast riding this thing.I just need some funds for more PT and I’ll be able to get the bridge done.

In the meantime,I’ve been grooming the trail and adding dirt to the log crossing and trying to keep people from riding around the side of the drop so as not to erode the landing.I started by putting up a single log and someone moved it,then I went rock hunting and found 3 decent sized rocks so I put up 2 logs and 3 rocks.Someone was ambitious enough to move those as well to go around and that time it really irritated me.I figured the only way to prevent ride-arounds was to make the earth the same level as the drop.So I have been "earthscaping" the drop the last week and making an earth ledge.I got the right side done Thanksgiving night and expected it to be messed up when I went out there today but much to my surprise,nobody had messed with it.

Here it is when I got there today and de-leafed the transition.

I had gone out earlier in the week and removed the tree on the left of the landing and shaped the transition a bit.It is actually clay where my back tire has been landing so it should hold up really well.

Phase one of the earth ledge on the right side.

Setting of the rocks for the left side ledge tonight.There were a few more before I started adding the dirt.Makes me want to put together a rock garden section somewhere on the trail,haha.

Here it is with the dirt,top rock and leaf cover…ready for the thunderstorms tomorrow to pack it all down!!

If the earth isn’t perfect,play god and sculpt it to your needs,haha.

I’m starting to like building as much as riding. I got to see 2 people hit it this afternoon,both a little shaky but it’s getting a lot of tire time and it’s a good feeling to see people ride something you’ve created.

Been few more weeks and a few more shovels full of dirt and a lot of test riding 😃 …here is how it sits now.

"GALAXY" wrote

Been few more weeks and a few more shovels full of dirt and a lot of test riding 😃 …here is how it sits now.

Looking better and better every day!

Looking good, but just not high enough…. 😆

I’m workin on it!

Looking into a donation of pressure treated 2×4’s and next to it I’ll build a 5 foot drop.Finally ordered a full face helmet the other day. 😃

"GALAXY" wrote

I’m workin on it!

Looking into a donation of pressure treated 2×4’s and next to it I’ll build a 5 foot drop.Finally ordered a full face helmet the other day. 😃

A full face helmet is definitely a good idea… good call!!

Hey bro, I got some sweet pics to upload to Singletracks of some sweet ledge drops w/gap we are building out on our local trail, well, our most beloved GFT that is, as we have a few around here. We just got done building two of them this week, putting the almost final touches on it tomorrow. I will get them up by tomorrow evening, and ya going to see what a real drop is bro…. 😆

I will add a few more of the other stuff worked on.

On-On!

Oh cool,I look forward to the pics and I’m glad you’re out building at least bro! I’ve started to have a change of plans for this drop,I’m thinking of building it another foot higher and building a 5 footer next to it. 😃 That way there would be something for everyone and something to warm up on to hit the bigger one.

Show me those real drops!

"GALAXY" wrote

Oh cool,I look forward to the pics and I’m glad you’re out building at least bro! I’ve started to have a change of plans for this drop,I’m thinking of building it another foot higher and building a 5 footer next to it. 😃 That way there would be something for everyone and something to warm up on to hit the bigger one.

Show me those real drops!

OK, I was out building today, so I am running a bit behind on the uploads, but I have them and will upload them to my Photobucket account this evening.

On-On!

OK, here are a few pics of the new drops we are putting the finishing touches on….

Here is our newest one awaiting drying and packing time. It is 6′ from the top of the launch to the top of the landing (transition), though it is a 8′ drop into the transition w/ a 5′ to 6′ gap….
      The bottom of this drop with a sharp berm to the left….

Another new drop to the LT of the drop pictured above (within 15′ and still in the finished works)….

The first drop finished before the two above followed by the berm and one double pictured below….

A couple drops dropping into one of the jump lines to the LT in the pictures (bottom picture shows a step-up to the RT in between the two drops)….

We have sooooo much more going on out there and that already. We have a descent size DJ line that are bigger than the outside line at the Vortex at Santos. Lots of big elevation change as well. We have riders coming from out west and other states that ride our local trail and always have great things to say about it. Lots of riders from all over come to ride here as well, especially FR’s and technical riders.

On-On!

That all looks like a bunch of work went into it! I hope you get some rain tomorrow for it all.

I have the log crossing before the drop that I keep adding dirt to,and most of the surface is great and really well packed down but I have one edge that keeps getting worn down from people stepping on it.I went rock mining again and found a few to hold up that edge a bit better so it won’t wear down and added about 3 buckets of dirt.I’m gonna head out in the morning and shape it before the rain so I end up with a nice, solid ramp…that I will destroy eventually,haha.For whatever reason,I like to throw my back tire around coming over that log and it takes its toll on the dirt if the tires can get a good bite.Once it gets packed it I think that will stop,if not I’m gonna need a ton of dirt to make a big berm over the log. 😄

"GALAXY" wrote

That all looks like a bunch of work went into it! I hope you get some rain tomorrow for it all.

Thank bro!

Yeah man, with the help of a few other guys. All the drops are usable and in use with the exception of the big 8 footer. Though we have carpets on the transitions to help stabilize the dirt so it will pack in and not wash away when the sky does fall, we want the big drop to wait another week before hucking it.

Got a big pump line in the works, though already started and in use, but it needs to be reworked a bit and the doubles on the side packed in for use (riding/jumping).

Keep up that great work bro, you are one of a kind in the MTB’ing community. See ya soon bro!

On-On!

Haha,thank you man.I hope you can ride what you’ve worked on later this year and fully enjoy it.If I ever get the chance to come down that way I will be sure to have you show me the trail. 😃

I’ll work on hucking and building some bigger stuff until then,haha.

"GALAXY" wrote

Totally went to hit this tuesday and chickened out like a little school girl. Only been back on the bike for about a month. Time to get my confidence/stupidity level up! 😼

"MERCE006" wrote

[quote="GALAXY":2btet1of]Been few more weeks and a few more shovels full of dirt and a lot of test riding 😃 …here is how it sits now.

Totally went to hit this tuesday and chickened out like a little school girl. Only been back on the bike for about a month. Time to get my confidence/stupidity level up! 😼[/quote:2btet1of]
      Nah man, if you ain’t feeling it, then you ain’t feeling ti bro….LOL

Though on the other hand, fear is just like having poison between the ears. Got get that poison out before it hurts ya. Just make sure you commit to it once you start that power crank toward it, if not, it can lead to carnage. Seen it too many time bro….LOL 😉

So your saying, get a blindfold and pedal fast as hell? Got it. I just hope I can find a black and white one to match my bike and helmet! 😆

If it helps, hell yeah! 😆

Seriously though….drops are much easier and take sooooo much less skill than jumps. Hucking takes two things bro….1) A simple commit 2) speed (if it has a gap) 3) slide back (slide back) more toward the rear wheel and get lower for a better center of gravity as your bike is doing its thing. If you get back and lower, you will naturally pull back on the bars (not pull up like on the DJ’s) toward your chest (like a manual) so that the back tire lands first. DJ’s you want the front tire to land first and the rear wheel will follow in the same spot (part of pumping).

Once it has been done, you will look back and say….."Damn that was fun!!!….LOL" 😉 😄

"Bonsai-CP" wrote

If it helps, hell yeah! 😆

Seriously though….drops are much easier and take sooooo much less skill than jumps. Hucking takes two things bro….1) A simple commit 2) speed (if it has a gap) 3) slide back (slide back) more toward the rear wheel and get lower for a better center of gravity as your bike is doing its thing. If you get back and lower, you will naturally pull back on the bars (not pull up like on the DJ’s) toward your chest (like a manual) so that the back tire lands first. DJ’s you want the front tire to land first and the rear wheel will follow in the same spot (part of pumping).

Once it has been done, you will look back and say….."Damn that was fun!!!….LOL" 😉 😄

I was doing the drops at Santos, nothing big but It was also at a time when i was riding a lot more. For a lack of better words, i need to regrow some balls. lol

"MERCE006" wrote

So your saying, get a blindfold and pedal fast as hell? Got it. I just hope I can find a black and white one to match my bike and helmet! 😆

You may want to get a black and blue one instead, to match the resulting bruising & swelling 😀

"schwim" wrote

[quote="MERCE006":3omu3qk7]So your saying, get a blindfold and pedal fast as hell? Got it. I just hope I can find a black and white one to match my bike and helmet! 😆

You may want to get a black and blue one instead, to match the resulting bruising & swelling 😀[/quote:3omu3qk7]

😆 Well played sir…well played! 😆

It really is not too bad,but it does look a bit intimidating from the top.I’d be happy to demonstrate over and over again,haha.

I’ve come pretty close to landing that flat the last couple times,I just keep trying to get more and more out of it and I think I’ve got about all I can.

It was always intended to be bigger and as soon as my buddy I usually ride with can muster up the balls for it,and I get the rest of the wood, it will be a couple feet higher. 😃

I almost put some tire marks on a kids face a couple weeks ago,he was fuckin around climbing on it as I was haulin ass up to the ledge…if I had my old cable discs we probably would both have been hurt.That is why there is the "Please do not climb" sign on it now.

"GALAXY" wrote

I almost put some tire marks on a kids face a couple weeks ago,he was fuckin around climbing on it as I was haulin ass up to the ledge…if I had my old cable discs we probably would both have been hurt.That is why there is the "Please do not climb" sign on it now.

Made me think of this:

[flash=425,350:3rvx34d8]http://www.youtube.com/v/VtPf1lpCISw[/flash:3rvx34d8]

Wow…and even my girlfriend said they deserve to be hit,haha..WTF were they doing playing with their dog ON the track?

Common sense is nowhere near common anymore.

"GALAXY" wrote

It really is not too bad,but it does look a bit intimidating from the top.I’d be happy to demonstrate over and over again,haha.

I’ve come pretty close to landing that flat the last couple times,I just keep trying to get more and more out of it and I think I’ve got about all I can.

It was always intended to be bigger and as soon as my buddy I usually ride with can muster up the balls for it,and I get the rest of the wood, it will be a couple feet higher. 😃

Im free some afternoons if you ever need a hand, id be happy so swap labor for hucking instructions 😄

I think I have Friday afternoon off,how about you? haha

"schwim" wrote

[quote="GALAXY":7annsglf]I almost put some tire marks on a kids face a couple weeks ago,he was fuckin around climbing on it as I was haulin ass up to the ledge…if I had my old cable discs we probably would both have been hurt.That is why there is the "Please do not climb" sign on it now.

Made me think of this:

[flash=425,350:7annsglf]http://www.youtube.com/v/VtPf1lpCISw[/flash:7annsglf][/quote:7annsglf]

Ouch! Those girls were morons! What did they think they were doing?

Hahahahaha……LOL. That looks like what happens on our trail here locally from time to time. BMX’ers always going the wrong way on the trails or getting in the way of our pro-lines. Nothing like hucking off a ledge and seeing someone below in your landing, especially on a bike. Happened last week several times, and there was some heated sh*t going on after that, and damn near a fight. It happens less with walkers though, as they pretty much know where not to go. BMX’ers just don’t care. 😏

We get newbs or younger riders who don’t know what to ride and what to stay off of and we big hitters come flying through and end up damn near hitting them (crashing into them) or having to stop. We know how much stopping a great flowy run is like…. 😕

@ Galaxy….. Speed is not your allie here on that drop down, more of a plop into. Don’t need speed on that one, as there is no gap to clear, and landing it flat just hurts and could bottom out your suspension. 😉

"MERCE006" wrote

[quote="GALAXY":3q5fsr33]It really is not too bad,but it does look a bit intimidating from the top.I’d be happy to demonstrate over and over again,haha.

Im free some afternoons if you ever need a hand, id be happy so swap labor for hucking instructions 😄[/quote:3q5fsr33]
      Come on down, or come on over when I get to Santos later this month, and I will give you some hucking lessons…LOL. Our hucking features here locally flow with the trail, whereas they do not at Santos or any other public trails in FL.

"GALAXY" wrote

I think I have Friday afternoon off,how about you? haha

I do not, i have tomorrow afternoon off, but should probably study. 😕

And thanks for the invite bonsai, just give me a heads up when!

I’ll take you up on that as well…you have to show me how to hit that 7 footer 😃

"GALAXY" wrote

I’ll take you up on that as well…you have to show me how to hit that 7 footer 😃

What 7 footer? The ones on our trail run between 3′ to 9.5′ ledge drops with many DJ’s in between…LOL

End of the month….Santos…hucking lessons…c’mon,you know what I’m talkin about,haha.

Really though,you said Santos at the end of the month and I’d love to come ride with ya if that’s what you meant. 😃

Is the 5 and 7 footer called D1 and D2?

"GALAXY" wrote

End of the month….Santos…hucking lessons…c’mon,you know what I’m talkin about,haha.

Really though,you said Santos at the end of the month and I’d love to come ride with ya if that’s what you meant. 😃

I refer to them as Oh Sh*t…and Call 911! 😮

Those are on the other side,haha

"GALAXY" wrote

There is D1 (5′), D2 (10′ with gap), D3 (15′), D4 (18′), D5 (24′ – "CLOSED" to riders).

Yeah man, either Santos or Gainesville. I will be bringing my new DJ/trail bike as well. So far, so good for the end of this month, but depends on weather and if any thing happens here. If Michelle can get it off or not. 😉

"MERCE006" wrote

[quote="GALAXY":g1dua5dn]End of the month….Santos…hucking lessons…c’mon,you know what I’m talkin about,haha.

I refer to them as Oh Sh*t…and Call 911! 😮[/quote:g1dua5dn]
      My favorite one is the two next to D1 & D2. The two ledge drops off the rock (no wood launch). Those are fun!!!

Nah, only have to call 911 if ya land bad…LOL. 😄

So it has been a while since I checked in with any updates but I have some now! After rides I’ve been hangin out up at the top of the drop and have seen a few people crash by riding a bit over their skill level,met a few people that that is their favorite thing on the whole trail,but most of all seen people ride up to it and say "oh,I didn’t know it dropped off like that". I have a sign at the fork that goes to this drop indicating it is the "Strobe Drop".I admit that is not very clear,so I have fixed that problem with another sign and a rock crossing to act as a "qualifier" to keep lesser skilled riders from accidentally finding it.

I have also beefed up that log crossing right before the drop.I put some rocks on the edges and added a good bit of dirt.

From the top of the log crossing down to the ledge…

I’ll be rebuilding the ledge in the next month to be a couple feet higher and a couple feet back,it will be a nice pressure treated ladder bridge 18 inches wide and then will be about a 3-5 foot drop.Man will it be fun!!

Bridge will start at the root that crosses the trail,it may need a small ramp of rock/dirt to get on it.

It will be the only feature in this town like it and will eventually go to a jump and skinny bridge afterward.

Nice job dude! Now we just need an action shot!

I just so happen to have one…It is from awhile ago but That is the view of the drop from the ground.

**Replaced photo with one not already in this thread,haha.

Nice! I guess I might have seen that one already… whoops 😳

I had it already on Photobucket so I was wondering where else I posted it…figured it was on here somewhere.In that case,I will have to get new ones after the "bridge to nowhere" is finished.I also posted the video of this,I remember you saw that and asked what the noise was when I landed,haha.

For anyone else interested in seeing the video,here it is. 😃

[flash=640,360:2qs0fske]http://www.youtube.com/v/gNT34_xkaIo[/flash:2qs0fske]

Let’s see some pics of the new ledge!!!

So a year later,the drop has been rebuilt about 2 1/2 feet higher with a 12′ X 26" ledge. I used 4X4’s for supports and sunk them into the ground roughly 14 inches.

If you’re gonna build a trail feature,build it strong,and build it to last. I used lag screws for the supports after tacking them together with a nail.

I put a 2X12 across the front with lag screws for side to side stability and general strength.

The posts were set on a Saturday after a ride along with the 2X6’s.I came back the next morning to finish it up..

Everything is nice and level!!

There is the finished decking,spaced one board thickness apart for a smooth ride.

To get rid of that small step onto the ledge,I found some appropriate sized rocks to place against the wood to prevent rot,then leveled it off with dirt to keep the smooth flow of the rest of the section.

There’s that super smooth flow we all love but don’t always find.

I’ve tried to keep the trail section as smooth as possible to keep from distracting riders from the end of the ledge.That,and it just feels much better to ride a nicely groomed trail.You get out of it what you put into it.

This shows the grade of the trail where it comes down onto the level bridge,plenty of speed to be had if you pump that log.

You can kind of see the angle here as well..

The finished ledge.

I’ll eventually build something down there for all that speed.

From down there…

Finishing touch.

I like the Singletracks sticker 😃

And nice job on everything else BTW. Looks like a lot of fun!

I was happy to put them on there! I have about 4 more floatin’ around out there too.

This is what I had pictured when my buddy and I cleared the trail last year,it just took a bit longer to actually get the ledge built than I planned which is good in that it gave riders a chance to get used to the smaller drop before stepping up to this one.We plan to build a smaller warm up drop,as well as a bigger one eventually.There was nothing like this here in town and I was lucky enough to have permission to build on this great trail so hopefully it’ll elevate a few riders skill level including mine. 😃

Yeah man that’s a real cool opportunity! Congrats on the completion, and I hope you have fun!

Thank you! 😃 If you ever head down here stop by and check it out.

Viewing 64 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.