Buffalo Creek

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Since everyone on Singletracks.com seems to think this is the best trail EVAR I’m going with a group to ride there tomorrow. Should be fun!

Just looked at the pics and writeup on this one. Road ride up; smooth flowly fast singletrack down with some slickrock thrown in. 😃 Occasional snake in the trail. 😮 Wish I could join you, looks great – cept for the snake part. Have fun!

I’m not sure where IMBA did work (it is a large & extensive trail network), but pics & some idea of where the Black Diamond DH trail is would be much appreciated. I would imagine it to be near Homestead and Charlie’s but it could be anywhere off of 543. Have fun killing the DH!!!!

did you enjoy! It is my favorite area. I am trying to decide on kenshoa pass or indian creek loop for this coming weekend.

propwash,
      It was a blast.
      I’m riding Kenosha Pass -> Georgia Pass this coming weekend with the local chapter of International Christian Cycling. I can forward you the details if you want to jump in. They usually have 15-20 riders of all levels, you don’t have to be a member or anything (I’m not) and they organize it really well so that no one gets dropped due to fitness or mechanicals, etc.

COGator00,
      I wasn’t able to find Black Diamond, sorry, we got a little lost as it was.

CraigCreekRider,
      One dead garter snake was all we saw.

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip … pId=512250

yea I just saw that on the colorado mountaun bike web site I think I’m going to go.

Buffalo Creek is set to go for the season. If you are planning on heading up there sometime the season think about spending a day helping build trail. It’s a good way to pay some dues for use of the great trails at Buffalo Creek. The Colorado Mountain Bike Association (COMBA) is building an insane new trail, currently called the "double black diamond trail", which pretty well describes what you will find when it is finished. Definitely worth checking out, there is some wild stuff on this trail.

The club would really like some help getting the new trail built, so if you think you can help out you can sign up at http://www.comba.org/build/current/bcbd There will be a bunch of build days this season so pick a weekend that works for you. This isn’t all work and no play, so expect to get in some good rides on the build days and enjoy a few cold ones (supplied by the club) at the end of the day.

Join us for a fun weekend of trail building, camping, and friends in Buffalo Creek on the weekend of May 22nd and 23rd. Our April weekend was a huge success which saw the construction and armoring of several difficult rock sections and new singletrack leading to the peak of the ridge. In the upcoming build weekend we will be continuing work on the "black diamond trail" on building transitions from drops, berms, and connecting the trail to its lower intersection with Homestead trail. We also will be working on twisty new section of trail on Charlie’s Cut-off.

This weekend will be back-to-the-basics camping weekend. Join us for a single day or camp with us through the weekend. Beer will be provided and brats will be on the grill Saturday afternoon.

Please RSVP using the link below and help us complete the trail in 2010:.

[url:1htctma1]http://www.comba.org/content/buffalo-creek-trail-building-day-volunteer-registration[/url:1htctma1]

Our next workday will be on Saturday June 19th. We will continue the singletrack up to the top of the ridge to connect with the previously built singletrack of the black diamond descent. The ridge offers 360 degree views — the best in the area — of the mountains and valleys surrounding Buffalo Creek. This will be a single-day event with beer and brats provided. Come catch up with your friends — or make some new ones — in Buffalo Creek on the 19th!

58 volunteers joined us through the weekend of May 22nd and 23rd in Buffalo Creek for camping and trail building! We were able to complete a new section of trail connecting Charlie’s Cutoff to the new section of Homestead trail completed last year. In addition to the work on Charlie’s Cutoff, we put a half-mile of singletrack climbing toward the top of the ridge through incredible sections of granite where the black diamond descent will begin.

Please RSVP using the link below and help us complete the trail in 2010:

[url:2snvkfqn]http://www.comba.org/content/buffalo-creek-trail-building-day-volunteer-registration[/url:2snvkfqn]

Let’s finish the Buffalo Creek black diamond trail this season!

June 19th was a busy weekend in Buffalo Creek with COMBA’s volunteer crew building new trail and the Bailey HUNDO racing on the adjacent local singletrack. While Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski and Sonya Looney were on winning rides in the HUNDO, COMBA’s volunteer trail builders built singletrack to the top of the ridge where the black diamond descent will begin. Thank you again to all of our hard-working volunteers and racers for a job well-done.

Our next workday will be on Saturday & Sunday July 24th and July 25th. The July weekend will focus on building singletrack between the two granite ridges that the black diamond trail traverses. We will also refine sections of lower Charlie’s Cutoff built during the May build weekend. This will be a weekend event with beer and brats provided on Saturday evening. Come catch up with your friends — or make some new ones — in Buffalo Creek on the 24th and 25th!

Please RSVP using the link below and help us complete the trail in 2010, all information about the when and where to meet are provided in the RSVP:

[url:3ds7lj4j]http://www.comba.org/content/buffalo-creek-trail-building-day-volunteer-registration[/url:3ds7lj4j]

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.