Broken air valve on rear shock

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

The air valve stem on my Fox RP2 broke off too deep to use an allen wrench to take out. The botton part of the stem is stuck inside the shock. Any suggestions? Normally you remove the valve, then use an allen wrench to remove the stem- while doing this the stem broke off deep inside the shock and there is no way to get a grip on it to turn.

Ahhhh, is there no way to go in from the rear and extract it (opening the air can up)? I wish I could see it to have an idea. I have an RP2 as well. I hope you figure something out. Perhaps if you get the valve core out, you can get something inside the casing to get it unscrewed? 😢 Any pics?

It broke deeper than the valve, only the very end is still in shock – just the threads. No backside access either. Probably going to use an easy out drill bit and chance it.

"Gdb49" wrote

It broke deeper than the valve, only the very end is still in shock – just the threads. No backside access either. Probably going to use an easy out drill bit and chance it.

I hope it works out. Some things you can "tap & die kit it", get some adhesive (for the piece that you need to get out), run hardware through that, then after the adhesive cures, try backing it out together. Either way, I hope you get it and let us know in case you find a clever way. Take care.

-GT

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.