Brain Buckets … Grio Xen

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

So, I am thinking about getting an actual Xen. Any thoughts or opinions about this helmet.

I got two right now, some brand I forget the name of but its red, white and blue and it’s for road and mountain – visor comes off so I can look like a roadie. Also have a Giro precursor to the Xen, I think it was called the MX which looks like MotoX helmet, however its freaking hot, barely breathes.

That’s why I am thinking about Xen because of all the vents it has.

The Xen is like the gold standard for all-mountain/trail lids…. and you pay for it. However, there are cheaper helmets that look similar from Bell and Protec. It’s just a matter of wallet depth and personal taste. I personally really like the looks of the Xen, and it feels good on my noggin… Just can’t afford one.
      Go for it, man. 😀

I will. Thanks for the recco.

I have the Giro Hex and it really sucks in the air. There are 21 vents where the Zen only has 17. It fits and feels great. You can find this lid for around $60 bucks on the internet. I really like the looks of the Zen and will probably try to get one unless there is a new more stylish one out by the time my Hezx is trashed. But for now the Hex is great.

the zen is a really nice helmet, everyone has been copying the design… you see it in Bell – since they own Giro now at least in North America. Anyway, comfort and design its all there, you get what you pay for.

I recently purchased a Fox Flux helmet, only because i like the extra coverage in the back, and I got a good price for it. but if i were to go over the two again i would with Giro.

Just remember no matter how much you spend to protect your head, its all worth it 😃

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.