Bondcliff Bike and Hike

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

A friend and I incorporated biking to make the trip to Bondcliff a pretty manageable day hike.
      [url:10kmzqp5]http://nebackcountry.blogspot.com/2012/10/biking-bondcliff.html[/url:10kmzqp5]

Pemigewhat?

Nice write up. I like the mixing of biking and hiking, but not sure I would be comfortable leaving the bike behind. I’ll have to revisit to watch the video another time. Thanks for sharing.

Just call it the Pemi like everyone else.

Somebody would have to be a dedicated thief to hike the three miles to get the bikes. That trail is also fairly busy. Just the same, I did lock up my bike. I suppose I could have also taken the pedals if I was really concerned. I think carrying the front tire to the summit would have been a little extreme, but also effective.

Great report. I have always dreamed it would be fun to ride across the Pemi from Lincoln Woods to and thru Zealand Notch. Most of the route would follow old logging railroad beds. These are slightly more narrow then traditional RR beds. Franconia Trail up to 13 Falls is another trail that follows a bed. And there are a few others. I am all for opening wilderness areas to bikes. However some trails, like Bondcliff, should be left just to hiking. On a side note (and me being picky) the wilderness area starts at the bridge for Franconia Brook if I am thinking you went up on Lincoln Woods trail instead of East Side Trail.

ps seeing an older gentleman in just sneakers, shorts, and a shirt doesn’t surprise me. I have seen many trail runners on the trails in the Whites and on Monadnock. There is also the one day challenge of running/hiking the Pemi Traverse (or loop) that starts and ends at Lincoln Woods and covers about 34 miles and over 10 peaks.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.