Body Armor Over or Under Jersey?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

This may be a dumb question but since I don’t wear body armor on the trail and I’m wondering how this works. Do most riders wear chest plates under jersey or over jersey? I assume for elbow pads and such it doesn’t make a difference but chest plates seem bulky to fit under shirt.

Hehe, not at this point. Just doing a little research for an upcoming article 😀

I used to Race BMX and my dad insisted I wear a chest protector after we saw a kids collar bone and sternum meet another racers bar end atvery high rate of speed….anyhow. The First one I had was the very rigid very bulkt Motorcross type proctector (sorta looks like football shoulder pads) and I wore it on the outside of the jersey just so I could easily take it off because it was bulky and uncomfortable. Now I had the more modern version after which is what I’m assuming you’re talking about the more for the lack of a better word fluid stuff that isn’t just pieces of hard plastic linked together with nylon webbing like the stuff Six One Six is putting out I liked wearing this more organic feeling body armor under the jersey..and so did my sponsor.

I personally use all my armor under my jersey. I use a pressure suit from Sisixone and i don’t think it would feel comfortable at all with a jersey under it.

cjm

I generally, wear a whicking layer under my armor. If I wear a jersey, I wear it outside the armor. If I am just wearing forearm protection, I really prefer the jersey on the outside, ’cause it help hold the armor in place.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.