Biking and Hangovers, They don’t mix!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

So after awaking from a alcohol induced coma I checked out the forum to see what was happening. Forgetting that I had tried to make plans to go biking sunday, I saw that a fellow member had responded and was wanting to go at 12pm. Not wanting to back out on something I had started I slowly got up and loaded my bike and headed to the trail head. After the meet and greet we started the ride….thats where it all went downhill.

After about 20 minutes in I was sweating, wheezing, praying for mercy, and doing everything in my power to keep from puking. I was moving at about the pace of a turtle for the first hour or so. Slowly as the ride went on though I began to feel a lot better and started getting into a little bit of a groove. However I still was never at full potential and spent the whole day behind my buddy.

As I am sitting here righting this message I still feel as if I got my a** kicked. If I learned one thing, its the morning after an all night drinking binge should be spent on the couch in pi’s. Not on a single track course!

I need a beer! 😕

^^^^^ 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

In my discipline riding, some days it works and some days just forget it…LOL

Mountain biking and B-12 cure a hangover quicker than the couch and Hair of the dog. 😄 Later,

006, I stayed out til 2am watching the UFC fight at Splitz in Gainesville. We started drinking Shock Top pitchers at 9( not my choice of beer). ARGH!!!! Woke up at 730 am, took three Advil’s, downed two pieces of french toast and was at San Fel at 900am. Did 19 miles at a pretty slow average(9.5) and didn’t feel too bad.
      You must be YOUNG! Us old people are more used to it??? LOL!!

"jmitch" wrote

006, I stayed out til 2am watching the UFC fight at Splitz in Gainesville. We started drinking Shock Top pitchers at 9( not my choice of beer). ARGH!!!! Woke up at 730 am, took three Advil’s, downed two pieces of french toast and was at San Fel at 900am. Did 19 miles at a pretty slow average(9.5) and didn’t feel too bad.

I am young, but I can honestly say that your a better man than I am. We did 21.5 at about 8. I was drinking bud light from a keg and then managed to get into a fifth of crown royal. Normally i don’t get hangovers, but sunday was rough! 😳

Had some long hangover runs while I was stationed in Germany.

"MERCE006" wrote

[quote="jmitch":zgh9t8ms]006, I stayed out til 2am watching the UFC fight at Splitz in Gainesville. We started drinking Shock Top pitchers at 9( not my choice of beer). ARGH!!!! Woke up at 730 am, took three Advil’s, downed two pieces of french toast and was at San Fel at 900am. Did 19 miles at a pretty slow average(9.5) and didn’t feel too bad.

I am young, but I can honestly say that your a better man than I am. We did 21.5 at about 8. I was drinking bud light from a keg and then managed to get into a fifth of crown royal. Normally i don’t get hangovers, but sunday was rough! 😳[/quote:zgh9t8ms]

WOW, after reading what you drank…..I’d STILL be in bed!

"jmitch" wrote

[quote="MERCE006":h7p93wv0][quote="jmitch":h7p93wv0]006, I stayed out til 2am watching the UFC fight at Splitz in Gainesville. We started drinking Shock Top pitchers at 9( not my choice of beer). ARGH!!!! Woke up at 730 am, took three Advil’s, downed two pieces of french toast and was at San Fel at 900am. Did 19 miles at a pretty slow average(9.5) and didn’t feel too bad.

I am young, but I can honestly say that your a better man than I am. We did 21.5 at about 8. I was drinking bud light from a keg and then managed to get into a fifth of crown royal. Normally i don’t get hangovers, but sunday was rough! 😳[/quote:h7p93wv0]

WOW, after reading what you drank…..I’d STILL be in bed![/quote:h7p93wv0]

If i was smart i would of stayed in bed….then again if i was smart I also wouldn’t of polished off a bottle of liquor. Pretty sure it won’t be the last time either! 😏

We usually ride at 930 on Sundays if you want to join us. Usually have a pretty good mix of riders.

"jmitch" wrote

We usually ride at 930 on Sundays if you want to join us. Usually have a pretty good mix of riders.

Ill be out of town this weekend, but I appreciate the invite! Ill probably take it up next weekend! 😀

No joke! I went about a mile in on a trail. Then I started hiking my bike through the woods just to get out of there. I will NOT be doing that again….!

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.