Bike warranty horror stories (and pleasant surprises)

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Bike warranty horror stories (and pleasant surprises)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I’d love to hear about your experiences with mountain bike and/or component warranty claims.

Was recently digging into a “Limited Lifetime Warranty” offered on an expensive set of wheels and realized the warranty probably isn’t all that helpful to most people. Notably, the warranty didn’t even cover normal wear and tear–only defects in materials or construction. So basically, if there was something wrong with the wheels, the company would replace them–but that’s it. Heck, if I buy something and it’s broken, I just return it to the store and either get my money back or exchange it. That’s not really a warranty if you ask me, that’s just how commerce works, right?

On the other hand, I have a friend who has somehow been able to milk the warranty on his Surly Karate Monkey for what seems like years. They’ve replaced nearly every part on that bike, including the frame!

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.