Bike Repair Stand

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I went into the LBS and there are several things wrong with my bike, others may see this as a bad thing, I see it as an opportunity to learn the ins-and-outs of my bike. I am wondering what is a good Bike repair stand or I have seen several home made ones online are these any good? Looking to go cheap here cuz im in college and I need to spend money on beer.

Thanks

If you want to get a really cheap stand, build your own out of PVC pipe! Just came across this blog with some good pics of DIY bike repair stands:

http://bikehacks.com/8-bombproof-diy-bi … ir-stands/

Speaking of watching the wrenches at the bike shop, my LBS has one repair station out on the sales floor with a low counter so you can watch the guy and chat while he works on your bike. For really quick stuff they usually do it while you wait and I’ve learned a TON of stuff that way. Right on!

Thanks for the link, I think im going to make the pipe one with the wood stand at the bottom (no welding for me).

Anyone have any experience with this?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Harbor freight,have you ever shopped at Harbor freight?I dont want to totally steer you away from Harbor freight,but you GOTTA KNOW what your after when you buy from this place.There can be some real novelty kinda stuff that is sold here and wont do you any good at all.On the other hand,I actually buy a few things like pneumatic tools that work pretty good as long as I buy the right ones.
      Back to the bike stand,I have not any experience with this bike stand.Looks typical of a Harbor freight product though.I am probably heading up to our Harbor freight today and will see if they have one on hand and take a look at it for ya,give ya an update as soon as I can,more than likely today.

I have been to Harbor Freight many times. It’s a bunch of cheap chinese made crap. I do however use a few of the pneumatic tools that are ok for my uses at home.

Found the bike stand in a google search. Thought it would be interesting to see in person.

Thought it would be interesting to see in person

I made it up to Harbor freight today,and although they had a bike storage tree,a bike hanger,and a bike rope pulley hanger storage,they did not have the bike stand instore.Weird,,,,,,they said they only carry 40% of what they carry online.???????

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.