Bike buying help

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Bike buying help

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone, i’m looking for a bit of advice on buying a new bike, all last year i had my heart set on a whyte t-130s after reading good reviews on its fun reputation but i am not loving the t-140 this year. Im hoping you guys can suggest me some different bikes to look at.

it’s gotta be 27.5 because I’m lets say.. vertically challenged and just a good all rounder really, i mainly ride cross country and up and down the local hills and a few local trails here and there. Nothing serious. Budget £2.5-3.5k

thanks all

Checkout: Specialized, Yeti, Trek, Scott, Pivot.

Just bought my 5’5″ 13 yo son a size-M Ibis Ripley AF 29er. This bike comes with very good spec for only $3K USD. I’m guessing that the size-S bike would easily fit someone 5’2″ or smaller. Ibis bikes generally come with much lower standover heights than most brands and more easily fit shorter people. The smallest Ripley AF has a standover of 676mm while the smallest Specialized Stumpjumper has a standover of 731mm. Just because you’re shorter doesn’t mean you can’t ride a 29er.

Viewing 2 reply threads