Big Creek, GA Trip Next Weekend

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

What’s up, I’ll be in Atlanta next weekend and thinking about hitting up Big Creek. I have only been riding for about 6 months and have never ridden the North Georgia area. In proximity to downtown, would Big Creek be the best spot or is there somewhere better within 30 min? I have never rode legit down hill and Swayback Bridge in Alabama is the best trail I have been to but the Dude is ready to get his mind blown.

Hey man, Big Creek is pretty close to Atlanta. One of the only trails that might be closer in is Sope Creek.

Big Creek has a wide variety of trails include easy XC trails to difficult XC, a pump track, some sort DH runs (ranging in difficulty) and a couple of jump lines (of various difficulties). I personally really enjoy the DH runs at Big Creek, and the XC isn’t bad… just wish there was more of it.

Word big G. I see you know your way around. If you could only ride one trail in the southeast where would it be and why?

Wow that’s a big question. I haven’t ridden every trail, so I’m only going off of what I HAVE ridden.

IMO, it’d probably be either Dupont State Forest just outside of Brevard, NC or Pisgah National Forest on the other side of Brevard, NC. Dupont for amazing diversity, challenging riding, gorgeous views, and SLICKROCK. Pisgah for sheer epicness and difficulty.

Here are two blog posts that you might want to read:

My Top Five: The Best Mountain Bike Trails in Western North Carolina
      My Top Five: The Best Mountain Bike Trails in the North Georgia Mountains

You can drive about 30 minutes further northwest and meet us at Blankets Creek. That is a good ride as well.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.