Better Ride Mountain bike Skills Camp

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Spent this weekend at Better Ride Mountain Bike Skills Camp. Thought I might learn a few things, was I ever wrong. Found out I was doing a few thing right , most thing half way right, and a few things just plain wrong. I’ve got a few bad habits to break, and a lot of practicing to do. Has to be on my top 10 list of money well spent.
      Had both beginners, and advanced riders at the camp. We all learned a lot. I highly recommend the camp for everyone. Had thought the Dropper seat post was the best money I had ever spent, but the camp beat that. 😃

Good to hear. They have held some of these in the Richmond area, but I wasn’t sure it was worth the money. From what I recall, it’s pretty expensive for a 2 or 3 day camp.

I have heard great things about Better Ride, your recent post confirms what people are saying. I belong to an all women’s cycling club and several of the women have taken Gene’s skills camp. They have nothing but positive feedback. These women are awesome riders too! Two of the ladies (35yrs old and 50yrs old) did Leadville this year AND brought home a belt buckle!
      I’m looking to attend the camp in Ellijay, Ga on November 11-13th @ Mulberry Gap. Can’t wait!

I took a BetterRide camp in Fruita about 6 years ago. Having been frustrated with my progress, I figured it was worth a shot–also agree it was some of the best $$ I’ve ever spent. The camps were cheaper then, but I remember thinking what a fantastic bargain it was and I would have gladly paid twice as much for what I got.

@ fleetwood; not cheep but worth every dollar
      @ deirae88; I’m sure you’ll have a great time

@skibum
      : same here, got to put it to good use at Brown County S.P. this weekend. Had so much more fun, I kept it pegged for 3 1/2 hrs. Paying for it today. 😃
      Remember the short trail; Clear Creek in Buffalo WY you added a few years ago. Check out my edited review, it’s not short anymore 😬

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.