Best XC racer of all time?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Ok, I have been following XC racing for a number of years now, and I am curious what everyone thinks about XC racers past and present. Let me know who you think is the bomb, and why.

I honestly have no idea, but I’m stoked to see I’m not the only drummer/ mountain biker out there!!!

Me! Well at least I can pretend when I am out riding by myself.

He’s won the brutal Leadville Trail 100 4 consecutive times. Defeated Floyd Landis last year and Lance Armstrong this year breaking the course record both times.
      Anne Caroline Chausson, of France is perhaps the best woman racer. But my girlfriend won’t let me check out the young girls.

Whatever the order, the list needs to contain John Tomac, Ned Overend, Tinker Juarez, and Juli Furtado.

I agree with Beaker.

"agmtb" wrote

He’s won the brutal Leadville Trail 100 4 consecutive times. Defeated Floyd Landis last year and Lance Armstrong this year breaking the course record both times.

The NY Times has a great article about Dave Wiens this week. According to the article the guy doesn’t even train during the winter and he only does a couple big races each summer. I’ll be blogging this tomorrow, incredible athlete!

"Beaker" wrote

Whatever the order, the list needs to contain John Tomac, Ned Overend, Tinker Juarez, and Juli Furtado.

I’ve heard of all these, however I’ve personally seen John and Tinker
      race. I was blown away watching Tinker race the 24 hrs of Big Bear
      in WV this year, solo, and kick a$$. These guys are machines. My
      hat is definately off to them as well.

ODN

Hmm… No one mentioned perhaps the best 24 Hour Solo racer of the last decade – Chris Eatough, 6 time World Champion (in a row). There was a great movie made about Chris and his quest for a 7th title called 24 Solo – if you haven’t seen it you gotta Netflix it!

"Mongoose" wrote

Now, as per DH racing, Marla Streb is a top dog in my opinion. She is an inspiration to DH racing and a inspiration to me as well with my DH racing. I know that there is other great XC & DH racers out there by far, and my hat goes off to them all as they all are winners in my book. 😃

What about Sam Hill?

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.