best trails for youth in sc

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Im looking for a fairly easy trail to introduce my eleven year old daughter to in upstate sc. She and I are getting new bikes for christmas and want to do some exploring on them. I only live about 3 miles from croft state park but when I rode there years ago it was very demanding. Thanks for your help.

There is a new section of trail that was built earlier this year at Croft. The Croft Passage is located just off Carolina Country Club Rd. and is much easier than anything you rode years ago. I have seen many families riding this area. Also the Cottonwood trail on the eastside is very flat, that would be a great area to start your mountainbike explorations.

Thanks for the reply,we will try it this weekend. How long is the easy part?

The Cottonwood trail has maybe four miles of trail and it is located off of woodburn and fernwood rd. Where Andrews Farm and Converse Heights meet. Definitely the best place to start your daughters biking adventures.

Bartram Trail on the GA side of Thurman (Clarks Hill) Dam just north of Augusta, GA is pretty good for beginers and up. Currently it is 7 miles plus a 3 mile loop all beginer friendly. I have braught my 7, 11,13 year old daughters and they have enjoyed it.

http://www.sorbacsra.org

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.