Best Bang for your buck bike?

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Best Bang for your buck bike?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Soon, unfortunately not soon enough, I’m going to be looking for a new bike, I’ve been out of the saddle for almost a full year now, with only 3 rides since I stopped. Things kept coming up, I got really busy and the money wasn’t there to fix my bike over and over again, I had most things working well, but my rear wheel i think is totally shot on it. So I would love to buy a new bike, a Full susser, not sure if i want 29 or 26, I like my 26er, but wouldn’t mind testing a 29er, Its gotta have hydro discs, and be able to take a beating! What’s out there for under or right around $1000?

Giant has always been known for a good "bang for yer buck" bike. A brand new Yukon with 4" of travel is priced on their corp. web site for $1050.00

+1 for Giant. They also have lifetime warranty on their frames.

"JacksPerson" wrote

Giant has always been known for a good "bang for yer buck" bike. A brand new Yukon with 4" of travel is priced on their corp. web site for $1050.00

I rode a Giant AC for 4-5 years and it is still around in my family. I think it was the predecessor to the Yukon. It is a solid bike but kind of heavy with not the greatest components. Not a whole lot in that price range for full suspension, I am guessing Airborne also has something. You might do better on Craigslist or catch something at the end of the year.

Viewing 3 reply threads