Be safe out there

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Sunday the 26th was a great/not great day for me. I did get in almost 50 miles of ride time, this I love. I also was able to watch the last leg of the USA Pro Cycling event downtown Denver. I had a great time. However I did not drink enough water. I had sucked the camelbak dry and could not find a place to replenish it. I was helped by a nice older couple who called 911 and the ambulance took me to the hospital. I will spare the details but just be careful out there. I normally cover all my bases but this 1 time I did not and I ended up in an ambulance.

I made many mistakes:
      1. Didn’t have enough fluids
      2. Didn’t eat enough during the day
      3. Kept pushing when should have stopped
      4. Did not find shade/area to cool down

Started off a nice normal ride

Some time trial fun

Some random shots of bikes/amount of bikes/crowds

Heading back home

Where I actually ended up at!

If only Singletracks had posted a couple of blog posts about this very issue, it could have saved you so much trouble … 😼

Seriously though, glad you ended up with some help so that it didn’t get much worse. 😮

Man I felt like an idiot. I am normally over prepared and very good about this. The 1 time I wasn’t I paid.

Good to see you are ok and they let you take your bike w/ you.

Glad to hear you are okay and that the ER was able to take care of the bike as well. Love the giant Jenga shot.

Dang dude glad it wasn’t too serious… amazing that this happened to both you and Jeff this summer.

That may be the first picture I have seen of funrover not smiling and having a blast.

"brianW" wrote

That may be the first picture I have seen of funrover not smiling and having a blast.

^This

Thanks nice older couple!

Thanks for the kind words.

Jeff- I hope your recovery was also quick. I read about what happened. It seems you were worse off from what you wrote!

I am back and doing well. Had a nice little ride today. While I am not 100% I did great IMO. You all be safe out there!

Glad you found safety… and can ride again!

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.