Bashguards, and tires

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I want to put a e-13 bashguard on my bike, my outer ring is a 44 tooth, the biggest one they have is a 42, so will that work? And my rear tire is 2.1 and I would like to go to a 2.3 or 2.5 how much wider is that?

"propwash" wrote

I want to put a e-13 bashguard on my bike, my outer ring is a 44 tooth, the biggest one they have is a 42, so will that work?

Usually we take off the large ring and purchase a guard to match the size of the middle ring.

"propwash" wrote

And my rear tire is 2.1 and I would like to go to a 2.3 or 2.5 how much wider is that?

I would say the difference would be 2.5 – 2.1 or .4 (or 2.3 – 2.1 = .2). 😃

cjm

2.1, 2.3 and 2.5 are measurements in inches of the width of the tire. It can be argued how accurate those measurements are. Most frames/forks will fit a 2.3. Before you get 2.5 you need to check with your fork and frame manufacturer to see if 2.5 is supported. Usually, visiting their webpage works just fine.

If they have protection for 42 tooth ring, then your 44 will be close, but your chain will probably hang over. You say outer ring. Does that mean you are running three rings? If you are, you’re going to need special mounting hardware.

Thanks for the info 😃

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.