November 28, 2010 at 04:21 #93573
Bartram Trail hugs the shore of Lake Thurman in GA for about 22 miles. Most of this is an out and back trail from Wildwood park to West Dam. 3 miles is an off shoot loop called Lake Springs Loop. It is beginner friendly and at the same time II feel I get a good workout on it. Plus the views and when it’s 90+ the Lake is very inviting.
I rode 28.7 miles in a nice cold drizzle instead of shopping. Wanted to do more but had a late start 2pm and wanted to be back at the trailhead and home before dark.
http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails … trail.html
banked corner on the new section
100 foot board walk over wet area
December 2, 2010 at 19:44 #93574
December 3, 2010 at 05:06 #93575"Funrover" wrote
There’s something about riding trails with a view of a lake. I love it.
December 3, 2010 at 06:10 #93576
Saw 5 other riders and all within 30 minutes. It was mostly quiet with the sound of boats once in awhile. Lake Thurman itself is the largest man made lake east of the Mississippi River and is at least 90% undeveloped, the other 10% includes the numerous parks, recreation areas, campgrounds and the few private houses on it sit back. It is truely a beautiful place.
Great place to kayak and play with other water toys.
December 3, 2010 at 06:19 #93577
Nice pics Brian.
Bartram is fun.
Next weekend I’m going to take a 2nd attempt at riding the Thurmond Epic, which links the Bartram trail to the Keg Creek trail, and also the Rock Dam and Cliatt Creek trails which are inside Mistletoe State Park. It’s about a 65 mile ride, all singletrack except for about 8 miles 😼
Mistletoe is on the west end of the map, that loop in the middle is Keg Creek, and Bartram is the long out-and-back on the east side of the map.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.