Bar Camera Mount: I wish I could claim this idea…

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I sure wish this was my idea. I’ve been checking electronics stores & bike shops, and of course online for a handlebar mount for a camera. No luck, even Ram Mounts doesn’t have anything that looks adequate. Heck, their only bicycle offering is for a pda/player and uses zipties, and their motorcycle stuff doesn’t look much better.

Then I tripped over this link.

So simple, it’s genius… Now why didn’t I think of that! 😳

(I will be looping a lanyard over the bars just in case the reflector mount lets go. 😛)

"Xerien" wrote

I sure wish this was my idea. I’ve been checking electronics stores & bike shops, and of course online for a handlebar mount for a camera. No luck, even Ram Mounts doesn’t have anything that looks adequate. Heck, their only bicycle offering is for a pda/player and uses zipties, and their motorcycle stuff doesn’t look much better.

Then I tripped over this link.

So simple, it’s genius… Now why didn’t I think of that! 😳

(I will be looping a lanyard over the bars just in case the reflector mount lets go. 😛)

Thanks Xerien. I was just wondering the other day if someone sold something like this. Cool, and someone even made a youtube tutorial on how to put it together. Sure beats trying to ride one-handed and snapping pictures with the other hand. Sweet.

My Oregon Scientific helmet cam came with a seatpost/handlebar mount. I tried it on the handlebar for some offroad singletrack and it wasn’t very good. My fork absorbed the vibration, as expected, but you’d be surprised how much left/right turning there is on an average ride.

I also tried it on the frame which had slightly better results.

Seatpost is great, if you have someone riding behind you…otherwise helmet is still the best bet.

I needed something to mount either our new point and shoot (for its video mode) or our little camcorder for some quickie trail vids. Don’t feel like having either of those stuck on top of the helmet; they’re a little large for that. 😎 Who knows though, I may try to rig something similar on the helmet one day, if I can figure out a way to mount it without compromising the shell on the helmet.

At some point we may pick up a helmet cam, but for now there are several items well in front in line for upgrade bucks. Dropping seatpost probably tops the list.

At some point we may pick up a helmet cam, but for now there are several items well in front in line for upgrade bucks. Dropping seatpost probably tops the list

I’m in the same boat as you dude,except I took care of the dropping seat post a month or so ago,I still need a digital camera,helmet cam,GPS,and I think I’m becoming a camel bak feak,hahahaha.I bought another camel bak and still feel like I want another one.hahahahahah.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.