Back Warmers

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I’m somewhat new to mountain biking, recently upped my weekly mileage and have been experiencing a lot of back pain. I know there’s a lot of things that could be causing it. I need to build more core strength, probably should get my bike adjusted. My main question though is about back warmers. I come from a circus background and a lot of contortionists and dancers wear back warmers (basically just a tube of fabric that traps heat and keeps   your core and lower back warm). Has anyone used these for biking? Or is there something similar made for biking?

Never knew back warmers were a thing.

Get a proper bike fitting. Ask at your local bike shop their suggestion for a bike fitter. Money well-spent, and I bet you’ll notice an immediate difference. Cycling shouldn’t involve pain…unless you crash a lot.

not sure about the back warmers but stretching (cobra and camel/cat exercises) before and after helps me. i used to have a herniated disk… still have it but no longer debilitating. don’t give up!

Mmmm, spine warmer…

That would go very well with my scoliosis when it flares up.

Rywire, I would say, adjust your riding position. It would be wise to also sort out core strength and work through it. Something as simple as rolling the handlebar slightly can go a long way to easing discomfort.

A proper fit might be in order as well.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.