Back To Singletracks!!!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

What’s good guys n gals? Been away for about three years, but decided to get back on the bike and AM STICKING WITH IT THIS TIME!! Feels great to get out and just ride again!! A question for the riders on the board, am I a whimp or wiesel because all I’m riding and training on right now are nice rail trails? I was close to 350 pounds when I got back on my bike, and I’ve dropped about 20 pounds or so, still pretty heavy. So I’m working on getting back into shape and dropping pounds before I enhance my mountain bike skills. I just hope it doesn’t take ALL summer because I really would like to ride some local singletrack and state parks that we have here in West Virginia!!! Riding in Clarksburg right now!! Anyone local here on Singletracks.com in the general region or area, gimme a holler!!!

"jrymasz" wrote

Feels great to get out and just ride again!! A question for the riders on the board, am I a whimp or wiesel because all I’m riding and training on right now are nice rail trails? I was close to 350 pounds when I got back on my bike, and I’ve dropped about 20 pounds or so, still pretty heavy. So I’m working on getting back into shape and dropping pounds before I enhance my mountain bike skills.

Ride what you feel is comfortable is not whimping out. As long as you are feeling all right and having fun it doesn’t matter.

Thanks Brian!!!!

Yeah dude as long as you are getting out on the bike and having fun is all that matters!

Thanks a lot Greg!! Did my first ever 20 mile ride tonight!! So proud of myself!! Got a long way to go though to get to where I wanna be!! I’m gonna check out your blog dude! Can’t wait to get the information out of it!!

"jrymasz" wrote

Thanks a lot Greg!! Did my first ever 20 mile ride tonight!! So proud of myself!! Got a long way to go though to get to where I wanna be!! I’m gonna check out your blog dude! Can’t wait to get the information out of it!!

Hey man thanks I appreciate it, but basically all of the blogging I do nowadays is here on the singletracks blog. Guess its time for me to update my signature! 😀

Awsome, and keep doing what your comfortable with (or just a little more 😀 maybe there’s a little track here or there, to dip your toe in. But watch out, first taste is free, after that your hooked. 😆

Thanks Bubblehead!! Think I’m gonna just say screw it and ride some real nice singletrack either this weekend or next at Mountwood Park here in WV over in Parkersburg!!! I can feel my legs getting stronger and if i need to, I guess I can just "muscle" my way through obstacles. Gotta practice my skills, speed control, since I’ve learned that speed is what gets you over and/or through obstacles!!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.