Back in the game, Advice from some old heads?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hey all. I have recently gotten back into riding after a long break. My first (and only) ride so far has been an old specialized hard tail that I inherited from a cousin. Nearing the time for a serious upgrade i wondered inf anyone had some advice. I want to stick with a hard tail but have no idea what the best bang for my buck will be. I have looked into the GT avalanche 3.0, Giant rincon, Trek 3900 and Cannondale co2 F8. All sound like amazing bikes for under $600 which is where i would like to keep my price point near. Any input or suggestions on additional bikes to look at would be great. THANKS! 😃

-Chris

I did forget to mention that lol. I plan to do to alot of XC and trail riding. I have not seen any of the new specialized mtb for 2010. Although a buddy of mine has a Kona and loves it. The local shop here does carry jamis and i went for some test rides today. I rode the Trek 3900 and The Cannondale F7 which they offered me a great deal on at only 50 bucks more than the trek. This is a bit below the msrp and sounds like a great deal. The first thing i notced between the two is how much better the breaks are. That combined with the better forks I felt at $50 more its a steal. Although it did feel a bit heavier I dont think it was enough to make much of a difference.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.