AUSTIN- what part of town does a MTB live?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am moving from Denver, Co to Austin – what is a good part of town for MTB ????

"uvaggio" wrote

I am moving from Denver, Co to Austin – what is a good part of town for MTB ????

DON’T MOVE!!

At least you have your priorities straight. Find the trails first, then choose a place to live. 😀

Does this map help?
      http://www.singletracks.com/Mountain-Bi … stin%2C+TX

Definitely looks like more trails are concentrated on the northwest side of town.

Good question, let us know what you find out and that would go for the entire state!! When compared to Colorado, you will find pretty much NOTHING equivalent to "what you know as mountain biking" in Texas. I went on a bike tour last year in Oregon and there were some North Texas riders on the tour. They were in awesome shape and tore it up pretty good at the front of the pack until things got techy and then they dropped back in the pack. On the last day, things got really steep and they actually walked their bikes. Don’t get me wrong, they had a great time but they just don’t have that type of terrain in Texas. They are big into "sprint XC racing" which translates into great fitness. Another thing I noticed is they still all dress like road bikers down there…no loose fitting shorts or shirts of any kind.

I’ll tell you what you will find in Austin…great food (especially BBQ), a great music scene and IMO, Texas as a whole has the most polite, respectful general population I’ve ever encountered.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.