Anyone wanna ride Palmer Park fri, sat or sun (18,19 or20th)

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Anyone wanna ride Palmer Park fri, sat or sun (18,19 or20th)

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

With this heatwave that we are having right now in the springs area 😆 what better time to go out and ride. Do we have any takers for riding Palmer on fri, sat or Sunday afternoon???
      Let’s go out and GET SUM!!!!!

I’m gonna try and get out as much as possible this weekend. 😎 Just moved back and I’ve got the house settled enough to get a few rides in. Palmer at least once, Falcon at least once is the plan. Heading to Palmer on Fri, unsure of the time.

Fridays I usually ride early morning @ Palmer cause I don’t start work till 930am but I’m open to riding in the afernoon or evening. Sat and Sundays I like riding in the Cheyanne Cyn area but also open to riding Palmer. Shoot me a pm with the times you are thinking about riding and maybe we can hook up for a ride..

Been itching to ride Falcon trail as well, last time I rode it, it kick my aSSests…. 😆

So first time back at Palmer today was not as pleasant as expected. I guess I stumbled on the wrong trail b/c holy hell, it was rough. Bashed my crank arms pretty good and got a flat after 20 min…a thorn. Looking for a good parking spot to start and end at on the stable side. I went up to lot 19 or something…guessing I should have just parked at the stables?

Looks like I’ll probably do Falcon mid-day on Sunday, not sure of the details yet.

still on for this weekend? ive never been to palmer.

Not sure on plans, probably holding for next weekend and hitting the TT bike this weekend….busy schedule.

"zukrider" wrote

still on for this weekend? ive never been to palmer.

Are you up for or available for early morning rides on Fridays by cahnce? I almost always ride palmer early in the am on Fridays for about 2-3 hours depending on if I’m riding solo or not..
      Hit me up and let ma know.

So I hit Palmer again after work today for a quick ride and rode the Kinninnick Trail this time and not a crank busting "black" trail. Maybe it’s my style of riding but Palmer doesn’t seem to suit. Are there any sections that are fast, flowing, and not so sandy? What I’ve come across so far is technical and slow, kinda edgy for my tastes. I’ve found other trails closer to the mountains that suit my style but would love to know that some exist in Palmer as well. Please advise on a trail name or section of the park. Thanks!!!!

Where do you start your rides at??

"zr140th" wrote

So I hit Palmer again after work today for a quick ride and rode the Kinninnick Trail this time and not a crank busting "black" trail. Maybe it’s my style of riding but Palmer doesn’t seem to suit. Are there any sections that are fast, flowing, and not so sandy? What I’ve come across so far is technical and slow, kinda edgy for my tastes. I’ve found other trails closer to the mountains that suit my style but would love to know that some exist in Palmer as well. Please advise on a trail name or section of the park. Thanks!!!!

Re read your older post and realized you start down on the stables side.
      Palmer park has many different trails but fast and flowy are (very) few if any…
      The thing about trails in Palmer is that in order to keep speed you have to keep cranking. Yes Palmer can be a very tehnical place to ride but there is a few trails that flow really nice that are not to techy but you will have some rocks or roots along the way with some climbs back up. For exmple yucca trail, palmer point trail, greencrest trail and the upper portion of the cheyenne trail If you want fast and flowy with little to no sand or technical sections then I would hit up the chutes, zipline, palmer trail out and back (minus section16), red rocks canyon open space, buckhorn trail (has some gravel), capt. jacks (also gravel but very very flowy and fast!) or falcon trail (although t has some sandy sections)… good luck have fun rubber side down!!!

Thanks for the info, I figured as much. Went down Jack’s back in 06′, I remember that being a blast. Been to RR a few times recently. I need to hit Ute Valley, chutes, and buckhorn soon. Falcon was fun, didn’t catch all that much sand. Thanks again!

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.