Anyone used the Epic Helmet Cam?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Saw this at Interbike for the first time, has anyone used an Epic helmet camera? The price point on the upcoming wide-angle version seems reasonable ($199) but even the sample videos they were playing looked just so-so to me. Stranger still, the website for Epic (relivetherush.com) redirects to the Fort Worth police department. Anyone tired an Epic camera or know if this is even a real company?

The website works for me.

The video quality and wind noise looks to be about on par with my old $99.00 Oregon Scientific A2K.

I’ll stick with my new VholdR, thanks! 😉

"maddslacker" wrote

The website works for me.

Strange. You don’t see this when you go to relivetherush.com? Even when I google it and click through I get the police dept. page.

Nope, I get this:

My guess is they just registered it and DNS hasn’t fully replicated yet.

Maybe. So why would the Ft. Worth police dept. have owned relivetherush.com? Anti-drug messaging? 😀 Their own version of TV’s Cops? 😀

It’s Texas, man…I’ve learned not to ask…

Maby the ft. worth police use the camera in there police cars to record what goes on when they pull people over and stuff,like they do on police bloopers and wildest chases.

"steve32300" wrote

Maby the ft. worth police use the camera in there police cars to record what goes on when they pull people over and stuff,like they do on police bloopers and wildest chases.

No, I used to be a police dispatcher. They have very specific systems they use for that stuff.

Well,,,,I thought I was onto somthin.hahahaahahaahaha

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.