Anyone here close to 6’10",what size frame do you ride?

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum Anyone here close to 6’10",what size frame do you ride?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a tall ass friend I ride with and he’s looking at a new bike.With his height of 6’10",not many frames fit him and not all companies make frames as big as he needs.

So far,he’s found a Gary Fisher FS 29’er in a 23 inch frame and I thought that would be a great thing to pick up as much as he rides.I was just wondering if there was anything else out there that maybe he should look at before he lays down the plastic.

I also kinda wondered how many MTB’ers were that damn tall,haha.

Yeah, that’s very tall! I’m 6’3" but most XL bikes (generally ~ 21" frames) fit me fine. A 23" frame is about the largest I’ve heard of on mass produced bikes, other than that he’ll need to look at custom stuff.

I know Cannondale did a bike for LeBron James but heck, he’s only 6’8"! He was also part owner of Cannondale at the time so it may have been a one off kinda thing. 😀

As far as wheel size, 29er is def. the way to go.

I just spoke with him and he’s headed up to the shop in a bit to order it…I was under the impression that they had one on display up at the shop in a 23" but they do not.I wonder why,haha.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.