Anyone have a "Skinny" setup in their backyard ??

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

If so…What kind of setup do you have ?? Any curves or drops ?? For practice on our local skills trail,I was thinking about putting some two by six’s on cinderblocks then leading to some two by four’s but I’m not sure…Would you have a small ramp to ease into it or just hop up on it ?? I would prefer something kinda portable & not too expensive if possible…Some pics would be great…Thanks…

I will post some pics when I figure out how….I built one with 2 2X4X12’s (stood them on end) then cut 2X4’S 14"s wide and nailed them across..I have also got a bunch of 4X4’s I got from a neighbor throwing them out….I have a 3-1/2 foot cement retaining wall that I’m going to put it on and use 4X4’s at other end…slowly adding to drop off end as I get better….there are some good web sites on building these just google "building mountain bike bridges"….give me a day or two to post pictures!!!!!! This is going to be fun when I get it done!!!!! Glad I’m not the only one doing something like this…..neighbors think I’m nuts!!HAHAHAHA

Glad I’m not the only one doing something like this…..neighbors think I’m nuts!!HAHAHAHA

Thats awsome dude,keep it up.I’m not building a skinny or anything,but that’s awsome you just keep on going when the neighbors are calling you nuts. TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT ONE MORE TIME.HAHAHAHA.

you can use photobucket to post pictures

Closest I have done is some 2"x4"’s on the driveway and a few railroad ties near the driveway and riding them. the most dangerous part was avoiding my 3 dauhters that were riding in the driveway at the same time. We have a lot of fun though.

I have the beginnings of a little skinny area started.

Very nice. Pls explain the layout underneath.

I just saved (6) 2 x 8’s PT from a concrete job and I’m thinking the same.

I’m thinking 4 x 4’s sunk in and the 2 x 8’s vertical on each side – sound right?

Here is one of our latest handmade log piles…Pretty fun stuff…

[url:1mxovsgx]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3104/3148121069_5f2a7e1128.jpg?v=0[/url:1mxovsgx]

One of our logs we sliced & diced…

[url:1rxwvpx4]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/3152746097_c321b7db1b.jpg?v=0[/url:1rxwvpx4]

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.