Anybody see me at Sea Otter? (New bike advice)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I was the guy on the XC Hardtail you passed on all stages of the Enduro. I need a bike i can decend on and not feel like im going to die. Any suggestions? Most of the riding i do is XC but i make trips to some nice downhill singletrack stuff at least once a month. I’m Not going to spend more than $5k. Cheaper would be better. Otherwise im just looking for some point outs.

Thanks!

Are you saying you want to stay on HT, or saying you want to go FS to be faster on descents? If FS you might look at a Giant Trance Advanced.

If your budget is (up to) $5K, there are SO MANY great choices! We need to narrow this down a bit. 🙂

• Do you want to do more enduro racing? You say you mostly ride XC but it seems like you also dabble in enduro racing which is pretty aggressive.
      • Where do you live? What are the trails you ride the most like: technical or smooth and flowy, lots of climbing or rolling terrain, etc.
      • How tall are you? If you’re of an extreme height (short or tall) this might point toward a particular wheel size.
      • Do you have any brand preferences? Do you have a good selection of brands at your local bike shops, or are certain brands going to be tough to get?

Thanks for the responses, i actually went ahead with this bike from Jenson;

http://www.jensonusa.com/Banshee-Prime-GX-Jenson-Bike-2016

I decided i really shouldn’t spend $5,000 on a bike and i made $3,000 my max.

Once i found this bike i couldn’t believe the price for the build on it. I couldn’t find anything really bad around the internet about Banshee.  I haven’t read things “bad” about any particular brand anyway, so to me it all comes down to type, build and price. Maybe looks and color come into play too…

I wanted to go All Mountain and because i’m 6’1″ and do a lot of XC the guy at Jenson thought i should go 29er. My Hard tail is a 27.5 so this will be new to me.

Anyway, I’ve got some time to try it out and decide if its the one or not.

Feedback is appreciated.

I have never had a bad experience with Jenson.

If you are scared during downhill, make sure you buy some protective gear:

(a) It will make you FEEL more confident.

(b) It will keep you out of the Emergency Room if (a) fails to do the job.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.