Anybody riding 2.6s yet??

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Chris’s review of the 2.6″ Maxxis Rekons was just published today:

Are 2.6″ Tires the Sweet Spot? Maxxis Rekon 2.6″ Tire Review

I also just got a Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail SS in for review with a 2.6″ Maxxis Minion DHF up front and a 2.6 Rekon in the rear, and have a couple of rides on it.

So I’m curious to know: is anyone else out there on the 2.6″ tire size and if so, what do you think about it?

Plenty of people riding them on their new Pivot Mach 5.5 bikes over on MTBR

looks like a perfect rear tire for my plus front.

I have 2.6 Nobby Nic in front and Rocket Ron in the back on Banshee Spitfire.  One of the best combo’s for Midwest trail riding.  Feels like normal tires but way more grip.  Prefer them instead of the 2.4 Ardent/2.2 Ikon I have on my 29er hardtail.  Just way more grip.  Not sure how they would do in more rocky conditions since they do seem light/thin to keep weight down.  2.6 seems like the sweet spot if it fits your terrain and riding style.

Hi Greg,

I just ordered a Megatrail SS and look forward to seeing your impressions of it.

I’ll be using 2.35 Maxxis Minions for the time being.

Cheers.

I just ordered a Megatrail SS and look forward to seeing your impressions of it.

Nice!!

I have a Chromag Stylus w/ 2.6″ Specialized Butchers front & rear, and love the way it rides. They have loads of grip, good damping properties, and are tough as nails, while still being playful.

For full disclosure, I haven’t tried the bike with any other rubber, but it rides so well with the 2.6″ Butchers, I don’t know if I ever will.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.