Any gay bikers out there?

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author

Do any clubs exist?

nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can still be gay and ride with straight guys. Nobody cares if you gay or not as long as you don’t try to slip it in on the trail. I honestly don’t care who my riding partners are as long as they are respectful.

Can’t speak for everyone but most MTB’ers I know/ride with seem to be pretty open-minded people. We’re all out on the trails because we like riding bikes so for me, sexual orientation doesn’t play into it.

Would be interesting if there were some gay MTB clubs though.

Haven’t heard of any, but like the previous posts have stated, bikers are an inclusive bunch.  Good luck

Man, those guys were great!

nope

im not gay – but i am a happy biker!!!

good luck in your search – or just ride it baby!!!

Think you’re on the wrong site buddy.

I like to segregate my riding groups as well.  I’ve been looking for a club for left-handed partially deaf riders with little penises for years but so far, no luck.

Yup, there are gay mountain bikers out there! I’ve been mountain biking since 1983 and I fall into the category of a mountain biker that happens to be gay. I completely understand the point of this question! And while it shouldn’t matter, it does. Difficult to find someone in my world that’s into mountain biking and skiing and happens to be gay (and open about it)!

For the people I ride with, I don’t care what their sexual preference is, what they’re political views are, or any other non-MTB preferences.  We’re mountain bikers.  When we’re on the trail let’s talk bikes, components, trails, lines, features, riding direction, etc.  Now if you want to throw down some brews afterward and shoot the bull just do it with people you are comfortable with.  The world is much more accepting today and I think you’ll find most people really don’t care.  However, while most won’t care about your sexual preference, straight guys probably don’t want to talk about guys… just sayin’.

Old thread, but I remember back in the day there was a mountain biker who won 14 NORBA downhill titles and 11 world cups, 1994 world championship,  two World Cup overalls, etc. Her name is Missy Giove and she’s gay. Sex really doesn’t matter much in cycling unless you make it matter.

According to Merriam Webster, the top definition of gay is: 1) happily excited 2) keenly alive and exuberant: having or inducing high spirits

Going by this information I would surmise that just about every mountain biking group out there is gay.  I mean, who isn’t happily excited, keenly alive, exuberant, and in high spirits when they’re bombing down an awesome trail?

I was having a similar difficulty finding lgbt+ oriented clubs so I decided to form one. We’re based on the front range of Colorado but I’m hoping the group will eventually extend outward and become an online forum for us. Check it out on Facebook if you’re still interested in finding like-minded mountain bikers. We’re out there for sure.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/522690228185836

I’ve been looking for some heterosexuals to ride with for years!

Yep, gay mtn bike here. Totally agree with prior posters about the open/inclusiveness of mtn bikers. Never had any issues riding with anyone I want. It’s really all about the ride. I ride with an awesome group of straight guys that love to joke and play. Lots of fun gay joking.

That being said, would love to find another gay rider.. if they’re good and fun!

Im a gay biker, I haven’t come out to my close ones honestly, but I think it would be greart to ride with other gay bikers , and also with straight guys too

Yeah im a gay 24 year old Londoner who rides on the weekends and stuff. I actually spend a lot of time in and around the mountain bike sphere working as a photographer for events like Crankworx and the DH World Cup. I haven’t “come out” to my followers on IG and etc just yet but I don’t think I need to tbh. I mean if they ask if im dating or have a girlfriend I’ll just get back to them and say na man I like dick. I wonder what they’re response will be to that will be. hmmm its scary and exciting at the same time because its all fun and as long as you ride bikes then that’s all that matters.

as long as you ride bikes then that’s all that matters.

Thats it man. Enjoy the ride.

I haven’t come to this site in a few months. This is the first post I see. Wat?!

Who gives a fuck what you are, just send it my dude.

I’m pretty disappointed in the responses to this guy.  His question was brief, polite, and simple.  All the “nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” and “you’re on the wrong site buddy” is ridiculous.  Why not just pass on the chance to be a jerk.  If being gay upsets you or if someone wanting to find some gay guys to ride with offends you then you are a little snowflake pansy.

Lonnie mulligan look at the posters profiles, if they have more than one other post I would be surprised.  They are just trollers looking for a response.

This forum sure gave a response.  Wish it was a less homophobic one.

Your question is a bit arrogant.  It’s like asking are there any Christian bikers or are there any Latin bikers or are there any physically challenged bikers, etc. What difference does it make if you enjoy the trails?

Maybe try the Meetup app to find like-minded peeps to ride with?

It’s interesting to see peoples responses to this question when they have no idea of the intent. I am a gay mountain biker. All my mountain bike friends are straight. No one gives a fuck about each others sexuality. And you can see the people who are acting offended are probably the guys who have a problem with it. Or are in the closet.  Anyway I found this forum searching for gay mountain bikers as my ideal partner is an outdoorsman and mountain biker like me. I know myself that if you are an outdoorsman and mountain biker like me, chances are you don’t look or act like the stereotypical gay. And coming from a gay guy please understand it can be difficult determining who is gay or straight and in many cases if you have it wrong and flirt with the wrong guy you will be talked down to or even worse. Neither of us want to be in that position. For me, I am in search of my partner and online is a great and low risk of finding others like us. Who knows this mans reason but we all come from different places and should be compassionate towards our fellow human beings regardless if it does or doesn’t make sense to you.

Hi Pj, thanks for sharing your experience.  First, an apology. Not for people’s childish homophobic comments, those guys need to grow up. But I am sorry on behalf of the Singletracks team for not addressing these comments earlier.  Please believe me when I say we’ve come a long way in our last 3 years in our content moderation and these kinds of personal insults have no place here.

I hope you find who you are looking for here or on Facebook, or even better, in real life!  As a woman, an Asian one, we’re a severely fragmented group in the mountain bike world too – sigh.  I have many more connections and friendships with female mountain bikers online than in real life.

F$#k all these lame responses. I’m disappointing at the veiled – and not so veiled – homophobia and bigotry on display in this thread. Grow up people.

Would anyone have an issue with a women’s MTB club? Or a kid’s MTB club?

I don’t know of any gay MTB clubs, but I hope there are some. I’m sure there are lots of people out there who would appreciate a supportive and inclusive community, unlike the one on display here.

Don’t know of any clubs but, I do have a bi-cycle. I think most everyone here does too.

Just to funny!

Viewing 29 reply threads

The topic ‘Any gay bikers out there?’ is closed to new replies.